Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Favero Assioma - Pedal Power Meter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
PCP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
this is still a problem if you can't connect to more than 1 device at a time, but it does suggest there might be a firmware fix.

I have mine connected to 3 devices when I Zwift! But as a minimum, most people are going to have it connected to Zwift & a computer head unit, so it's definitely an issue if that was the case.

Surely the pedals should just transmit an ANT+/BLE signal, the number of devices trying to receive & process should be irrelevant? Or does it not work like a radio wave? Never had this issue with my P2Max.

Why the head unit?
I just connect to Zwift and get all the info I need from that. I don't have R/L power on my Quarq though, is that the reason why?

I never use a head unit with Zwift (don't have one really).

I don't get all the metrics on Zwift using the Assioma Pedals - there's no cadence with Zwift, don't know why.

I get cadence on my Assioma on Zwift. I have not experienced any drop outs, however, I only pair with Zwift, using an ANT dongle on my PC

With my old Stages, I used to experience drop outs when paired with my Garmin and with Zwift
Buzz_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest suggestion I was given was to 'forget' the device and pair again on each unit. Did a trainer ride last night, no drop-outs when connected with bluetooth to a phone and ant+ to a head unit. Turn on the watch and pair through ant+, started to see some issues on the head unit, although the phone was fine. After a couple of minutes everything appeared OK on all fronts, but I'll reserve judgement until after a longer ride at the weekend.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use ANT+ to devices & laptop. Only time Bluetooth is used is to upload to my phone from my Edge or Watch.

I wonder if there's an issue with my pedals that was also causing the lack of cadence on Zwift.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest theory that the different devices had different crank lengths set, and this is enough to cause the drop-outs. Three rides complete since repairing the devices and all appears clean.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Latest theory that the different devices had different crank lengths set, and this is enough to cause the drop-outs. Three rides complete since repairing the devices and all appears clean.

I have only set crank length on the Edge head unit, as per Favero instructions. I don't think I have that option on the 735. But it's a theory worth investigating.

On the multiple units, in a race I'm going to use a watch & head unit, so it should be able to manage that! Not heard anything back from them yet, they've had them since last Wed.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

I have only set crank length on the Edge head unit, as per Favero instructions. I don't think I have that option on the 735. But it's a theory worth investigating.

On the multiple units, in a race I'm going to use a watch & head unit, so it should be able to manage that! Not heard anything back from them yet, they've had them since last Wed.

I know I had different crank lengths in the phone app and on the head unit at some point, but with all the pairing and re-pairing I can't be sure what the status was when I was actually riding. I too would want watch and head unit minimum for a race, and multiple connections on the trainer is convenient. It definitely has to work, and there is no suggestion from their support that I am doing anything unreasonable. At no point did they suggest just using 1 device and living with the issue.

As I said, no issues on the last couple of rides. Will see over the next few weeks.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they arrived back yesterday. Still to be opened! I don't know what the paperwork inside will say, but there's a sticker on the outside talking about repairing the ANT+ (which would explain the dropouts). An email I got also said they'd also been factory recalibrated.

Will report further when I actually get them on a bike.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two rides done on them since coming back from factory. So far so good!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, signal loss again Rolling Eyes I've sent them another tech support message...

I have started experiencing signal loss once again with these pedals. They came back to the factory in November last year, and whatever was done it fixed the problem until now. As per the last time. all head-units and Zwift (PC) experience loss of signal from the pedals. On this occasion, I feel there is the potential that I have done something that could have affected the signal(?)...
- I changed cranks - that is I removed the pedals and reinstalled (but this is never usually a problem!)
- I have a new Garmin 935 that I have paired with the pedals.
- I performed a Zero Offset calibration on the Garmin 935, but not on the Edge 520 that was also connected (I declined when prompted)

Whilst there is a tendency to believe that something was interfering with the signal, on many occasions I have used the pedals with multiple Garmin units & Zwift (PC) and with various electrical devices present (the PC and a fan) with no problems at all. So I am wondering if it is something related to my list above?

It can't be a coincidence given the changes above can it? Something must have affected the pedal signal. I was pedalling like mad at the start of a Zwift race and it dropped to Zero and everyone rode off. NOOOOOO! It seems that when I put out more watts, it's more likely to drop-out given the session yesterday, it was dropping on climbs for example.. Hmm.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like the problem I had, multiple drop-outs when connected to 2 garmin devices. I had to make sure the crank length was set the same on both units, and deleting the pedals from both units and doing a fresh connect seemed to fix it. I’ve seen occasional issues when the 2nd unit tries to connect, if I hit stop it recovers. At the time my indoor training was connected via Bluetooth and this never seemed to have an issue. Not entirely sure what it was, but I’ve been running without issues for months now.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you're connected to 3 devices, Zwift (on a PC?), an Edge 520 and 935

When I am on Zwift I just connect to the PC, otherwise I get drop outs. While riding normally I just connect to Edge 1000. I think that the only time I had issues with Assioma was when connected to multiple devices. The main reason I don't connect to multiple devices is that I get the same activity recorded multiple times on Garmin Connect
Buzz_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
When I am on Zwift I just connect to the PC, otherwise I get drop outs. While riding normally I just connect to Edge 1000. I think that the only time I had issues with Assioma was when connected to multiple devices. The main reason I don't connect to multiple devices is that I get the same activity recorded multiple times on Garmin Connect

Agreed I don't need to connect to anything more than a PC for indoor training, I just prefer to.

But in a tri I really want to connect to a watch and a bike unit. If this isn't going to work then it's a bis use case issue for me. To their credit, when I contacted Assioma about this at the time, they never once suggested I should just use 1 device and live with it.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm away now, but I think it could be crank length disparity. I went through the settings in the Assioma app and noticed it was 172.5 and corrected that to 170. I expect it's different on the Garmin's i.e. correct on the Edge at least, and need to configure the watch.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I'm away now, but I think it could be crank length disparity. I went through the settings in the Assioma app and noticed it was 172.5 and corrected that to 170. I expect it's different on the Garmin's i.e. correct on the Edge at least, and need to configure the watch.

From memory 172.5 seemed to be the default. Are you running 170 through choice? mine seem to be 175 but I have never questioned or specified it.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 170 by choice on TT bike; aftermarket chainset.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: