Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TriTalk 2.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: TriTalk 2.0 Reply with quote

TriTalk 2.0 Forum is available in Beta!

forum.tritalk.co.uk

At this stage Ive only put together the Forum software and configured it. If people want some sort of "wrapper" with news or something else then feel free to get into wordpress and try and put something together. I dont have a huge amount of free time at present to do that. It would just need a menu link to go to the forum much like here....Or we go with just the forum software and utilise the facebook page.

The forum software is Discourse so you can take a look at other examples via their website and see if there is any add ons that may work. Its only running on a single CPU system with 1GB RAM so may be a bit slow if it starts getting whacked but this will be upped at a later stage.

Comment here on on the feedback page on 2.0 on any things. Note i cant change much but there is a bit of flexibility in the software. You can login / sign up using Facebook and Google to make it easier also so might be worth setting that up (you can still use alias with this functionality though).

You will need to sign up and then start to play. Theres a lot you can do locally to change the format / colour, whatever you want

see you there!
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skillzzz
hammerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Year new Tritalk.

so as posted above the new site has been sitting their a couple months , no real problems but not used in anger really. Should we pull the plug and go with it in current form?

Alternatively, I just don't have time to build the wordpress wrapper for it, at least not until i get my Level 3 HPCP completed. Anyone want to join in and help with that if you dont like the simple forum approach? It will be easier to monetise some more with a better front end. Also rememebr the links for affiliates as thats a few quid, especially the amazon one (made £1 last month Sad )

Your forum , your choice

Finally, the funds are now drying up. any donations gratefully received. A small monthly amount from regular contributors would work better than the odd larger amount coming in. I have a tritalk paypal account. Its around 35USD a month to run at present as we now get stung for VAT on the price, this could drop a bit when we go down the route of archiving this site.
ed_m

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we ever work out how to add the wordpress wrapper with the current hosting scenario ?
Was all greek to me, but I'm okay with WP.
hammerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_m wrote:
Did we ever work out how to add the wordpress wrapper with the current hosting scenario ?

It would need its own hosting with a link to the forum via a menu but that would only add 5usd a month. we would save that by downgrading this site when its archived. Looking at it all we would be running at about 40USD a month to have this archived and the new forum with a wordpress site. TimmyG may know another way to run two sites in parallel from the one host but its beyond my knowledge at the moment and Ive not been able to find much about it.
Wordpress does have a plugin though so that you can link logins and reply to wordpress "blog" (news) posts as your TT username and makes it simple to link an article to a forum post
ed_m

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
ed_m wrote:

It would need its own hosting with a link to the forum via a menu but that would only add 5usd a month. we would save that by downgrading this site when its archived. Looking at it all we would be running at about 40USD a month to have this archived and the new forum with a wordpress site. TimmyG may know another way to run two sites in parallel from the one host but its beyond my knowledge at the moment and Ive not been able to find much about it.
Wordpress does have a plugin though so that you can link logins and reply to wordpress "blog" (news) posts as your TT username and makes it simple to link an article to a forum post

yeah the problem there is .. if it's effectively a wordpress page or menu with a link to the forum most people will just bookmark the forum & bypass the wordpress site.. so you wouldn't even get a side bar showing news or articles etc.
Would only seem worth doing (to me) if the forum sat inside the wordpress header & menus.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: