Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
FIGHT!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: FIGHT! Reply with quote

Not sure Mo's coming across too well in this slightly bizarre flare-up.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/apr/24/sir-mo-farah-attacks-haile-gebrselassie-over-ethiopia-hotel-theft

To paraphrase his text message:
"Hi Haile, I'm going to ruin your reputation. Lots of love, Sir Mo"

Noticeably the BBC report doesn't include the text message content, funny that.

Slightly tangential, I wonder who now has Mo's phones and whether there's anything interesting on them ...
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who signs a text 'Sir Mo'?!

Real playground stuff here!!!
mattsurf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very strange indeed, and I am not sure what Haile Gebrselassie, would be expected to do.

I understand that Mo is really upset about the robbery, but #@?# happens. I would probably expect the duty manager, and maybe even the hotel manager to take appropriate action, however, I would not expect the owner of a hotel to do something about it, in fact I doubt that there is much that the owner can actually do.
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd feel comfortable leaving that quantity of cash and an expensive watch in suitcase in my room anywhere in Africa. It's just too much of a temptation for people who by our standards are incredibly poor. A few of my colleagues have had valuables stolen from locked suitcases after they'd checked them in at Jo'burg airport. He should have taken up the option of using a safe, as per the hotel's policy.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Geb did try to help him. He was knocking on the hotel door for ages but Mo didn't hear it.
hammerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:
Apparently Geb did try to help him. He was knocking on the hotel door for ages but Mo didn't hear it.

Rofl
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Pedro Peru wrote:

Rofl

Laughing

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, have you seen the footage of Mo p*ssing about on that travellator thing from a few days ago?

I'm amazed a top athlete would take that sort of risk so close to a big race (but then again my ankles are made of glass and calves of tissue paper)
Whisk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to think that the alleged "brawl" in the hotel gym was a pretty lightweight affair if it was between elite distance runners Rolling Eyes . It's not like lock forwards swinging haymakers at each other - probably more akin to pro cyclists trying to fight in cycling shoes Very Happy
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:
On a side note, have you seen the footage of Mo p*ssing about on that travellator thing from a few days ago?

I'm amazed a top athlete would take that sort of risk so close to a big race (but then again my ankles are made of glass and calves of tissue paper)

I know - it's incredible! I assumed it wasn't Mo at first. The fact he gets up and has another go compounds the issue. Even the slightest bruise or soft tissue damage is surely going to get found out over 26 miles.

Love how the other guy on the treamill just keeps on trucking while Mo is somersaulting about
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: