Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New triwear... recommendations

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriSam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: New triwear... recommendations Reply with quote

I'm looking at a new trisuit for 2019. Does anyone have any recommendations or brands to look at?

What should I be looking at to decide what to go for? What do you base your choice of trisuit on? Aerodynamics, fit, comfort?
Chrace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd know most of it up front, no? Seen your name around for a bit. Smile

For me(!), fit first which includes being tight enough not to flap to make it more aero on the bike. No "super aero textile" blah can work if it's flapping around. And I get cold shoulders so had to be short sleeved.

After that it all depends on distance. I only use trisuits on shorter (sprint/oly/half) and go full bike gear on long (IM/extreme IM). This mostly has to do with food storage since trisuits are generally have pathetic back pockets to avoid drag in the water.

I'm still on my 4-5 year old Castelli Free s/s. Fits me perfectly and I've ridden the Fred Whitton in it (supported by a car) without any difference over a dedicated bib-short.

Brand is relatively indifferent. Looks matter though. Wink
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know of quite a few brands but didn't want to be missing out on something gamechanging before I pulled the plug on something!

Makes sense, fit is something super important and I should probably head to a shop and see what works best for me. Sigma Sports isn't that far away and probably my best bet
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remain very impressed with Fusion...but i wait for the sales to make my purchases...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Chrace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
i remain very impressed with Fusion...but i wait for the sales to make my purchases...

The early Fusion worked really well for me, still some of the best tri-shorts I have.

But then they went all compression this and that and it all got incredibly tight for the size. So tight I felt I needed to speak with a squeaky high voice...
Buzz_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience, but if I have been toying with the idea of getting a sleeved tri-suit for tri and some cycling TTs, just coz everyone raves about the aero advantage - for no down side?

The tests I've seen pitted some very expensive suits (endura, huub) against a bioracer that came out nearly as good for half the price. From what I can make out, bioracer will do custom kit for clubs and it seems a few clothing manufacturers have taken advantage of this and are producing what looks like a bioracer suit under their own brand name (no-pinz, stolen goat, maybe even wiggle's dhb suit)
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

The early Fusion worked really well for me, still some of the best tri-shorts I have.

But then they went all compression this and that and it all got incredibly tight for the size. So tight I felt I needed to speak with a squeaky high voice...

certainly the sizing is odd, i have S t shirts and XL jackets that are more snug...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Hiphophopper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For pool sprints...something inexpensive that is very tight but still allows you to swim.

For anything else 1. Fit - No wrinkles anywhere. - Without a good fit, there are aerodynamics. 2. Aerodynamics - It makes a difference. 3 Comfort - If it fits, and is good quality, it will (should)be comfortable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: