Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ultra / Trail Running - General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 156, 157, 158  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck GB & FP, any trackers?

Jeff
FatPom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Good luck GB & FP, any trackers?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I did it last year and went 1:52:40 and the course measured 20.3kms.

Today I went 1:46:27 but the slightly altered course measured 19.4kms, so not sure if I was faster or not, just about I think?

Also managed to go a$$ over head in the woods with 2kms to go. Cut and bashed my right leg a bit and did some damage to my left fingers and wrist. On the plus side, managed to keep my watch out of harm's way. Laughing
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to back up Sunday with a 3hr8min mixed pavement/trail run on tired legs. uggh
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent racing FP. Even if the course was marginally shorter, that's still a quick run ... and you got your double in! Looks like training is coming together.

Bit of a different stroy for me ... my first ever DNF. Crying or Very sad

I seem to have picked up some sort of bug that i didn't know about, but as soon as the race got going i could feel something wasn't right. HR was immediately sky high, legs were just burning up and i just had no power ouput whatsoever. Tried running through it to see if it improved, but it just got worse and worse with every hill.

I was barely walking up the steep hills, firing backwards through the field and starting to get cold. Reached the top of a steep set of steps before the next valley and decided a 10 mile hike on the toughest section of the course wasn't particularly appealing. One of my clubmates' wives was back a field or so, cheering people on, so i trudged back with my tail between my legs, grabbed the keys to their car and went for a sit down before being ferried to the finish to see the guys in.

I was really gutted yesterday but a bit more philosophical today. Gutted because i was in really good form. It was a great race, and a super competitive field this year - loads of fast times, and i know i should've been up there with a nmber of friends from my club and other local clubs. Frustrating!

Still, it's not an injury. SO hopefully a couple of days rest and i can get training again for 'something'. Body just disintegrated all day yesterday and off work today. Energy levels at minus 80, headaches, burning joints, no focus, not eating properly. So something is obviously wrong!

That's how it goes sometimes though ....
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GB, I'm paying for that weekend today. Was meant to be on the turbo at lunch but my shoulder is so sore it's just not worth the misery.

Really sorry to hear about your DNF but you definitely did the right thing. Putting our endurance ego aside for the benefit of our health can be a hard decision to make. Whatever you have, I'm sure it will pass faster die to your decision yesterday.

Rest up and get well mate Cool
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4hrs - 40km easy pace. Split run to take Little One to Jnr Park Run.
FatPom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32km trail run/walk yesterday with about 800mtrs vert. Managed to take another tumble and some rib damage. On the mend but can’t ride today Crying or Very sad

Takes me to 98km for the week.
tunster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking the Ridgeway this Easter weekend over 4 days with the Mrs and Oska the Vizla.

While not running, love this route from 2x Race to the Stones and 1x R86.

A bit different with a blooming heavy rucksack tho Shocked
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent weekend for me.

Fri: 22kms run, 30 min turbo.

Sat: 29kms trail run

Sun: 88km mtb XC
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last minute decision to enter the OMM trail festival marathon on May 4th at Cannock Chase.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piling up the training and the races then FP! Good to see.

What trainers are you wearing at the moment? I'm currenlty wasting a ridiculous amount of time hunting for my next pair - stupid hobbit feet don't make things easy, nor does trying to find a shoe that is light, cushioned, good in the dry, good in the wet, good on rocks, isn't too expensive, looks good, is wide, and fits well!! haha

I'm heading out for a bit of an adventure tomorrow night with a bunch of mates. If all goes to plan it will be the longest run, by a long distance, since my 100 in June. I'm not trained for it in any way, but the pace will be easy and it'll be a good laugh.

Plan is 2 x 20 mile out'n'backs on the coast path, starting at 7.30pm with in excess of 1,000m elevation per rep. Probably looking at around 8 hours, so should be fun! Rather than disturb the family, i'm going to pack a sleeping bag, drive straight to work then sleep in the back of my car outside the office. Then up and shower and start work! What could possibly go wrong?!
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's going to be a mission GB! Good luck Cool

One the show front:
I have 4 pairs in rotation at any time. A general all rounder (usually a Clifton), a light road race show (currently Saucony Ride ISO) and 2 pairs of trail shoes (currently Speedgoat 2 & 3).

I don't track use like I should but with this rotation I tend to change a show every year. Can't say I've ever noticed dramatic outer sole wear. One thing I have noticed is that using 2 pairs (or more) in rotation makes 2 pairs last longer than 2 x 1 pair added together

One thing I've noticed, in Hoka I'm a 9.5 but for their Speedgoat models I have to go up half a size to 10, this is to stop my toes from jamming in the end of the shoe.

I also swear by Superfeet carbon insoles. They seem to make a huge difference for blister and plantar management.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

One the show front:
I have 4 pairs in rotation at any time. A general all rounder (usually a Clifton), a light road race show (currently Saucony Ride ISO) and 2 pairs of trail shoes (currently Speedgoat 2 & 3).

I don't track use like I should but with this rotation I tend to change a show every year. Can't say I've ever noticed dramatic outer sole wear. One thing I have noticed is that using 2 pairs (or more) in rotation makes 2 pairs last longer than 2 x 1 pair added together

One thing I've noticed, in Hoka I'm a 9.5 but for their Speedgoat models I have to go up half a size to 10, this is to stop my toes from jamming in the end of the shoe.

I also swear by Superfeet carbon insoles. They seem to make a huge difference for blister and plantar management.

tried the SG 2 yesterday, and got just that - crunched up toes that rubbed and blistered on just a10 mile. Apparently the ATR's ae a little wider, but more of a summer shoe (less grippy). It was my first try in Hokas - i really did not expect to like them. Look weird, can't get my head around the whole cushioning thing and felt weird when i started. BUT ... i ended up really enjoying them!!

I want to give the altras a crack as well, but haven't found a friend that has them in my size yet to nick them for a run or two! The Escalantes get great reviews ... but not so sure on the cusioning and zero drop for the really long stuff.

Decisions, decisions!!!
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
FatPom wrote:

One the show front:

tried the SG 2 yesterday, and got just that - crunched up toes that rubbed and blistered on just a10 mile. Apparently the ATR's ae a little wider, but more of a summer shoe (less grippy). It was my first try in Hokas - i really did not expect to like them. Look weird, can't get my head around the whole cushioning thing and felt weird when i started. BUT ... i ended up really enjoying them!!

I want to give the altras a crack as well, but haven't found a friend that has them in my size yet to nick them for a run or two! The Escalantes get great reviews ... but not so sure on the cusioning and zero drop for the really long stuff.

Decisions, decisions!!!

I have a pair of 9.5 SG2s that I use for short runs. I'd go so far as to say that if you are a user of 'twin skin' type socks, I'd go up a whole size.

I'd like to try the Salomon Sense Ride next.
tunster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thames Path 100 this weekend.

I know that Repo will be there as well

Anyone else joining the party?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 156, 157, 158  Next
Page 157 of 158

Jump to: