Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Trainers - Help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Trainers - Help Reply with quote

Houston we have a problem.... I am a long time fan, possibly even disciple, of the Saucony Triumph ISO and I have been buying a replacement pair year on year when the need arises for a long time now. My latest pair, the latest evolution of the model, are very comfy however when running, I end up with really sore calfs. Its like a cramp type feeling after about 20 mins - I am sure its the shoe and perhaps its harder and has less cushioning than previous models.

I think my only solution, is to swap to another model or brand. My question is:

- Whats the other Saucony options - something with more cushioning?
- What rival models do people 'enjoy'? I'm thinking Asics, New Balance, and Hoka (but not the massive soled variety) could be options.

Thanks,

K
PCP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Trainers - Help Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
Houston we have a problem.... I am a long time fan, possibly even disciple, of the Saucony Triumph ISO and I have been buying a replacement pair year on year when the need arises for a long time now. My latest pair, the latest evolution of the model, are very comfy however when running, I end up with really sore calfs. Its like a cramp type feeling after about 20 mins - I am sure its the shoe and perhaps its harder and has less cushioning than previous models.

I think my only solution, is to swap to another model or brand. My question is:

- Whats the other Saucony options - something with more cushioning?
- What rival models do people 'enjoy'? I'm thinking Asics, New Balance, and Hoka (but not the massive soled variety) could be options.

Thanks,

K

I'm a long time Saucony fanboy. I started on the Omni's a few years ago and gradually moved through some lighter models with less cushion/stability and last year moved back to the Omni's.

They aren't anywhere near as bulky as they used to be and are super comfy over all distances. I have a pair of Fastwich 5's for sprint tri's but that is all I wear them for.
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how the omni compares to the triumph?
iwaters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worn the Saucony Rides for years. Had 8s, 3 pairs of 9s, couple of 10s. They are still about but rather than being called 11 the new ones are called Ride ISO.

They are a neutral show and I think they have a decent amount of cushioning. I am a big and heavy chap and find them very comfortable.

I don't get many miles out of them though. hey are usually done for me by 500km, but I weight 95-105kg most of the time so they take a pounding
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
Any idea how the omni compares to the triumph?

Not sure, sorry.

I had about 5-6 pairs of Ride but they don’t have enough support for me.
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, I have recently bought my first set of Saucony's. Ride ISO and am very happy with them. I like the way the tongue is fixed in place. Colour is a bit lairy though!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: