Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2019 - The Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
team bungles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are hiring a car use Auto Reisen at the airport. Used them loads of times never had any problems. DO NOT use Gold Car heard lot's of horror stories about people being fleeced.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team bungles wrote:
If you are hiring a car use Auto Reisen at the airport. Used them loads of times never had any problems. DO NOT use Gold Car heard lot's of horror stories about people being fleeced.

agree autoreisen simple the best
Simon G.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for autoreisen - used them myself twice Very Happy
Btw, if anyone is able to help with my daughter's Triathlon Nutrition Study for her final year dissertation in Sports Science at Salford Uni, I've posted the details on the Training forum... Not much commitment from yourselves needed and it would be much appreciated Smile
Sorry I can't be at Lanza this year - hope everyone's training is going well?
duckhen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone have any idea if the bike course alteration makes much of a difference? I have done the old course but cant work out if the new route really makes much difference.....hot......windy.......long drags........but once you get up the Mirador ........oh yes and the cheeky donkey track!
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckhen wrote:
So anyone have any idea if the bike course alteration makes much of a difference? I have done the old course but cant work out if the new route really makes much difference.....hot......windy.......long drags........but once you get up the Mirador ........oh yes and the cheeky donkey track!

I reckon it's slightly slower overall.

The climb up the donkey track at the beginning is a nasty way to start, but the descent from the top of there all the way to El Golfo is nice.

You lose the nice descent from Tinajo to La Santa.

The bit from Teguise to del Rio is the same as before, but you do reach del Rio 15km earlier in the ride, so still a lot of riding to do from there - on the old course it always felt like you'd broken the back of the ride by that point.

I quite like the "new" road back to Teguise, but it was a block headwind all the way up there last year. The short out-and-back at that top of the climb, before you turn back to Teguise is understandable from a course safety perspective, but a bit of a pain in the backside.

The long out-and-back towards Famara is just plain evil. The downhill leg is into a strong headwind, so you need to pedal hard to make any decent progress. Then you have to ride back up the hill again. Coming where it does in the ride, it's the last thing that you want to do.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
duckhen wrote:

I reckon it's slightly slower overall.

The climb up the donkey track at the beginning is a nasty way to start, but the descent from the top of there all the way to El Golfo is nice.

You lose the nice descent from Tinajo to La Santa.

The bit from Teguise to del Rio is the same as before, but you do reach del Rio 15km earlier in the ride, so still a lot of riding to do from there - on the old course it always felt like you'd broken the back of the ride by that point.

I quite like the "new" road back to Teguise, but it was a block headwind all the way up there last year. The short out-and-back at that top of the climb, before you turn back to Teguise is understandable from a course safety perspective, but a bit of a pain in the backside.

The long out-and-back towards Famara is just plain evil. The downhill leg is into a strong headwind, so you need to pedal hard to make any decent progress. Then you have to ride back up the hill again. Coming where it does in the ride, it's the last thing that you want to do.

though the famara legs was fairly hard work ,i found it actually brought me back in the room !
by this stage in the bike i start thinking this is hard work and your mind wonders Wink,seeing all the competitors coming back up and down on this leg sort of helped me re focus Very Happy

am on my way to lanza for week today Very Happy
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooo!

Severe knee pain on my long ride last weekend. Did 50 miles on the Saturday, and was 53 miles into a long ride on Sunday and had sharp pains right down the front of my knee. Ended up jumping on the train to head home.

5 days later and the pain is still there, but a lot less. May need a few more days to fully recover, which means no long ride again this weekend.

Not yet over 70 miles on the bike, feel like I'm running out of time.

It's ok to run, which is weird - just really hurts on the downstroke of pedalling.

Might need to make a deferral decision next week, if I can!

Wish my knee luck.

I hope everyone else's training is going well?

Ozzie
Kanga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Lanza twin accom available 22-27/5 Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I've transferred to Copenhagen so have an apartment booking to pass on at Club Oceano in Puerto del Carmen. Twin room, 5 nights.

Price was £220, I've paid the deposit, so yours for the £154 balance. Great location, 10 minute walk to the start/shops/water.

Will cancel by April 21st if can't transfer it.

Cheers,

Grant
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
Noooooo!

Severe knee pain on my long ride last weekend. Did 50 miles on the Saturday, and was 53 miles into a long ride on Sunday and had sharp pains right down the front of my knee. Ended up jumping on the train to head home.

5 days later and the pain is still there, but a lot less. May need a few more days to fully recover, which means no long ride again this weekend.

Not yet over 70 miles on the bike, feel like I'm running out of time.

It's ok to run, which is weird - just really hurts on the downstroke of pedalling.

Might need to make a deferral decision next week, if I can!

Wish my knee luck.

I hope everyone else's training is going well?

Ozzie

sorry to here about your knee ,hope its nothing to serious
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook tells me that it's 30 days until IM Lanza Shocked

No IM for me this year. I just haven't got the time (or motivation?) to do it justice and with 10 IMs/6 Lanza's under my belt, I don't really want to shell out all that money for an entry, just to complete.

Mrs W loves Lanza and Club La Santa, so we're actually at CLS for 10 days just before the IM. We fly home the Thursday before the race. I'm planning on getting in a load of cycling and maybe a bit of swimming while we're there, but probably not a lot of running. I'll try not to wear out the roads before you guys have to race there Wink
iwaters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Facebook tells me that it's 30 days until IM Lanza Shocked

No IM for me this year. I just haven't got the time (or motivation?) to do it justice and with 10 IMs/6 Lanza's under my belt, I don't really want to shell out all that money for an entry, just to complete.

Mrs W loves Lanza and Club La Santa, so we're actually at CLS for 10 days just before the IM. We fly home the Thursday before the race. I'm planning on getting in a load of cycling and maybe a bit of swimming while we're there, but probably not a lot of running. I'll try not to wear out the roads before you guys have to race there Wink

Enjoy your time out there. Note the route up Tabeysco is closed at the min (roadworks due to landslides). The switchbacks are open so you can do the route from Haria. Femez is shut to cyclist also.

I'm still sulking about last year. I am cleared hot by the wife for next year though! I have heard rumours that this might be the last year for Lanza. No idea how true that is. Rumour is it might move to another of the canary islands.

Was out there about 3 weeks ago. Hardly any wind when I was there.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all booked up paid up and NOT ready to go

due to foot issue been unable to do more than 8km runs every 3 or 4 days for last 6 weeks

have not decided yet what to do ,keep hoping my foot will be ok

So i either

have a holiday and chilax and leave all my gear at home
or
do the swim & bike and stop
do the full event and shuffle/walk the run and worry about my foot after the event

either way going into the whole trip very de stressed ,i usually spend the weeks and days leading into event hoping and stressing of things that could go wrong and is this the year i smash it Wink

on the event moving i hope it stays on lanzarote ,if it moves i hope challenge move in and add an event
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Note the route up Tabeysco is closed at the min (roadworks due to landslides). The switchbacks are open so you can do the route from Haria. Femez is shut to cyclist also.

I'm still sulking about last year. I am cleared hot by the wife for next year though! I have heard rumours that this might be the last year for Lanza. No idea how true that is. Rumour is it might move to another of the canary islands.

Is your intel on Tabayesco from 3 weeks ago or more recent? I've got friends who are out there at the moment and they posted pictures a couple of days ago from the Tabayesco sign at the bottom and the café at the top, so I assumed they'd ridden up the whole climb.

Regarding the long term future of the race, it must be one of the few races that doesn't belong to WTC. I can see that they might want to bring it in-house when the current licence ends and the Lanzarote tie is all around CLS owning the race. It would be a shame if it went elsewhere after so many years. This will be the first year without Kenneth, so it'll be interesting to see if John Lunt does anything differently.
iwaters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
iwaters wrote:
Note the route up Tabeysco is closed at the min (roadworks due to landslides). The switchbacks are open so you can do the route from Haria. Femez is shut to cyclist also.

Is your intel on Tabayesco from 3 weeks ago or more recent? I've got friends who are out there at the moment and they posted pictures a couple of days ago from the Tabayesco sign at the bottom and the café at the top, so I assumed they'd ridden up the whole climb.

It was defo shut on 5th April, no newer intel than that. When it was closed I think some cyclists were cycling up, hoping off and walking round the closure
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a thread for you on the new site....

https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/t/ironman-lanzarote-2019/107
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: