Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile TT Thread - 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still sounds like a solid effort Jeff. A guy in my CC went 1.49 apparently.

Last edited by FatPom on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Sir, nice second 25 suffering....

I was out on E2/50. Still feeling recent races so not expecting great things but looked a very decent day so hoped for sub 1:55.

Went off really well, average 28mph + at around 20 miles - then like you found out why after the turn. A 25 mile slog slog left me at about 26.5 mph - still decent.

However coming back to the turn, just passing the finish area noticed an accident on the other carriageway, ambulance/fire engine in attendance and one lane closed. I had 5 miles to the final turn and 5 miles VERY fast to finish left.

Knew what was coming to resolved to ride as much as I could, but when you know it won't count a but of fight goes out. Duly got stopped with a mile to go, was on for around 1:53 so a decent outing.

At least I got most of the ride in starting no 6, others were pulled after only a few miles.

A 10 and a 25 next w/e, then the TT season os over....
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about that TRO, sounds like it would have been a great performance. When you get a tailwind like that it's hard to know how to pace things, as you aren't sure if you are also having a good day or not.

Hope it wasn't one of the racers in the accident?

Good luck with the last two races, must be getting cold now if they are early starts, the 50 wasn't much fun at 4c.

Jeff
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10 was cancelled due to heavy rain.

25 on Sunday am was dry, but cold. Rode it but was rubbish, about 30w down on peak 25 power, so ended up as a sweetspot session.

Tried to still 'beat the hour' but as my power dwindled watched the average speed fell over the last 30 mins...25.2....25.1....25.0....finished 1:00:16. bah!

Been a funny TT season, much have lost about 15 events due to weather, roadworks (most of E2 events gone May/June, few others as well), lost courses (v718) and two puncture DNF's.

Dropped my 25 PB by 1 second, my 50 PB by about 2 mins (decent), and added a massive 0.08 mile to my 12 hour distance. 100 and 10 PB's I got nowhere near.

Until next march folks....
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
The 10 was cancelled due to heavy rain.

25 on Sunday am was dry, but cold. Rode it but was rubbish, about 30w down on peak 25 power, so ended up as a sweetspot session.

Tried to still 'beat the hour' but as my power dwindled watched the average speed fell over the last 30 mins...25.2....25.1....25.0....finished 1:00:16. bah!

Been a funny TT season, much have lost about 15 events due to weather, roadworks (most of E2 events gone May/June, few others as well), lost courses (v718) and two puncture DNF's.

Dropped my 25 PB by 1 second, my 50 PB by about 2 mins (decent), and added a massive 0.08 mile to my 12 hour distance. 100 and 10 PB's I got nowhere near.

Until next march folks....

can't always crack a PB mate, sound to me like you crammed a lot into one seasons, fatigue an issue Confused
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not a bad season TRO, although that's a lot of lost events.

I didn't set or even expect to set any PB's but I did knock nearly 2 minutes off a local 25 course PB which was pleasing as I wasn't feeling well, and it was a good day.

The national 100 went well considering I'd not ridden that far for nearly 2 years, although I did have a weekend of hills in the lake district. Long hilly rides work well for me.

I did a decent 10 for me, but was a non-result really, got stuck behind a tractor for the first 5 miles so I wouldn't claim it. And got nowhere on the two 50's

Might try and do some more TT focus next year but not really decided yet.

I'll eagerly await the 2019 TT thread in March

Jeff
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly for me, I set my fastest 10TT this season on pretty much the hottest day of the year. All those years in Oz, finally paid off Very Happy
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only managed to do 5 TT's for my first ever season of giving them a go, over 4 distances too, so at least for some of the distances I have a fairly low bar to hit next year with me having done them on slower courses!

10 - 23:38
25 - 1:04:16
30 - 1:17:53
50 - 2:02:43

Long winter of turbo ahead!
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluepoolshark wrote:
Only managed to do 5 TT's for my first ever season of giving them a go, over 4 distances too, so at least for some of the distances I have a fairly low bar to hit next year with me having done them on slower courses!

That's very nice for a 1st season mate Cool
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Interestingly for me, I set my fastest 10TT this season on pretty much the hottest day of the year. All those years in Oz, finally paid off Very Happy

Isn't air less dense the warmer it is, so that might help, albeit marginally. Same with water viscosity.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Isn't air less dense the warmer it is, so that might help, albeit marginally. Same with water viscosity.

Trouble is hot weather usually comes with high pressure systems in the UK, and high pressure = denser, heavier air. Think Wiggo's hour record would have been a noticeable bit further had he got a low pressure day, so a hot summer day is not necessarily quick. Feels lovely though, which helps!
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluepoolshark wrote:

Sub 60 and sub 2hrs for 25 and 50 are there for the taking next year,BPS. Nice one Smile
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
That's very nice for a 1st season mate Cool
Ta muchly, Not unhappy with it that's for sure Smile
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Bluepoolshark wrote:

Sub 60 and sub 2hrs for 25 and 50 are there for the taking next year,BPS. Nice one Smile
Thanks. As it happens on the 50 I went through 25 in 59 minutes so that one is def gonna come! Smile
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluepoolshark wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
Bluepoolshark wrote:

Thanks. As it happens on the 50 I went through 25 in 59 minutes so that one is def gonna come! Smile

Should do, but I've also done a sub 20 10 miles - going like a train on the E2 with an epic tailwind, think the 10 mile split was 32.5 mph. Not been near that for an actual 10.... Overall time for the 25 was 63 mind, which tell you what going out was like.....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: