Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New Member Procedure and admin problems...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyS..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: New Member Procedure and admin problems... Reply with quote

Hello

When you sign up to the forum your account goes on hold until a human can look at it. This is to prevent spam and automated malicious attacks. After a short period of time, up to 24 hours, your account will be approved and you can then login and participate in discussions and/or banter.

Please be patient and come back the following day to login and join in. I know this is annoying but it's essential to prevent the attacks we have had in the past.

With any admin type or login problems you have you can email me on the following email and I'll reset your password: DELETE (See note below).

I'll do my best to get back to you on the same day but I will get back to you.

Regards
Andy.

I come here so rarely that I've given up my admin duties. Sorry about that!

Last edited by AndyS.. on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Andy, very much appreciate you taking the time & effort.

Bring on the fresh meat.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy! It's about time we debated whether it's safe to do a Half 4 weeks after a Sprint Wink
AndyS..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, thank you very much.

Of course there's no way of telling all those people their account is now activated so it might take a while (if they haven't given up on us).
Stedic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least newer people will have a chance to get on. Let us know if we can help in the future.
AndyS..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been busy this week and haven't been on the forum to approve new people. So apologies for the delay in sorting that out, everyone is now approved and active.
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on earth do you upload a profile picture?

It keeps telling it can be no larger than 15kb. Help me out guys, I'm having enough trouble getting my head round learning to swim! Can't figure out two difficult things at once Sad
jjtri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi new member (or mew meat should I say!) its all working fine for me and I joined yesterday.

One thing, getting to sign up took a fair few goes, this may of course been totally my mistakes.

just a note if that helps

J
GrahamO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjtri wrote:
One thing, getting to sign up took a fair few goes, this may of course been totally my mistakes.

It might have been or possibly not.

There are spammers joining multiple times every day, and as my RL job involves conference calls each day, I tend to listen in on the calls and at the same time look and see who has signed up over the last few days and has not actually posted anything. There are the obvious tell tale signs such as any reference to Steve Barbar*ehole, links to dodgy websites or email addresses from disposable email websites. People who fill out a full postal address are a giveaway for a spammer.Those get deleted or blocked immediately.

If I get an egregious spammer who has scripted multiple posts, they get banned, the contact details get added to the banlist and word censor, and also a broad IP block. If people register, and dont post then after a week or so I'll just delete them. Who bothers to register and not post for a week ?

Its entirely possible you might get caught in an IP block ban if your locations uses moving IP addresses or your are trying to register in the USA or China where most spam comes from.

But you're in now so welcome !
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham's efforts and trained-eye, means I only have to occasionally zap spammers on the Forum; which is nice.
blindcider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
jjtri wrote:

It might have been or possibly not.

There are spammers joining multiple times every day, and as my RL job involves conference calls each day, I tend to listen in on the calls and at the same time look and see who has signed up over the last few days and has not actually posted anything. There are the obvious tell tale signs such as any reference to Steve Barbar*ehole, links to dodgy websites or email addresses from disposable email websites. People who fill out a full postal address are a giveaway for a spammer.Those get deleted or blocked immediately.

If I get an egregious spammer who has scripted multiple posts, they get banned, the contact details get added to the banlist and word censor, and also a broad IP block. If people register, and dont post then after a week or so I'll just delete them. Who bothers to register and not post for a week ?

Its entirely possible you might get caught in an IP block ban if your locations uses moving IP addresses or your are trying to register in the USA or China where most spam comes from.

But you're in now so welcome !

There are reasons you might sign up to a forum and not post. Probably not so applicable on a quieter forum like TT but forum users from other sites might do this on autopilot even if they don't intend to post.

1. Sig and Avatar heavy forum when you might want to use the profile options to turn them off. Browsing from work would be an obvious one
2. View last post in long threads can be very useful
3. PM and other functionalities.

I'm a mod on a much crazier forum than this (not Tri based) and we have lots of users that have never posted but then there are threads on there that are 000's of pages long.

You guys do a good job keeping the spammers out. Any progress on TT-reborn, seems to have gone quiet again?
GrahamO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan,

Can you try and put *.yopmail.com on the email banlist please ?

Every time I try, it says its done but still allows people to register using yopmail which a one-time email address service being used by spammers.

Its whack a mole at the moment and I can't IP ban them as they don't actually post, they just register with the fields full of spam adverts.

Ta
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Jorgan,

Can you try and put *.yopmail.com on the email banlist please ?

Every time I try, it says its done but still allows people to register using yopmail which a one-time email address service being used by spammers.

Done, did *@yopmail.com as I presume that's what you meant. It's showing on the list.
jeni70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Hire the best essay writers of our essay writing service.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps we could hire you to write some intelligent posts for us to ponder...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: