Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Training on a treadmill
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fruit thief

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Just steady running for 40min is a long time to stare at a clock.

Exactly what I did at the gym last night. Well actually for 38m 30s. 10km testing half marathon pace strategy. It was warm, dry and there were people tellies and clocks to stare at - what's not to like Very Happy
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
Ade wrote:
I use this workout from TriSutto when my kids are training with their swim club so I'm at the gym anyway. Works well. Bloody hard. Not at the start but it gets there.

https://www.triathlete.com/2015/02/training/dreadmill-benefits-treadmill-training_112345

Thanks for the link. Smile

much of the pre amble is poor and/or incorrect...

Plus short (30sec) reps given the ramp-up/down speeds of most machines is a lot of button pushing and not much actual running.

this gives the non powered treadmills a great advantage...although the effort required to do this is quite significant...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Ade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
Ade wrote:
I use this workout from TriSutto when my kids are training with their swim club so I'm at the gym anyway. Works well. Bloody hard. Not at the start but it gets there.

https://www.triathlete.com/2015/02/training/dreadmill-benefits-treadmill-training_112345

Plus short (30sec) reps given the ramp-up/down speeds of most machines is a lot of button pushing and not much actual running.

this gives the non powered treadmills a great advantage...although the effort required to do this is quite significant...

I'm not qualified to comment on the pre-amble.
I find the work out is good for me, but I don't change the speed of the treadmill at all during the session. Set it and jump on and off. Bit like that Tim Don video. But without the talent.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ade wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
Ade wrote:

I'm not qualified to comment on the pre-amble.
I find the work out is good for me, but I don't change the speed of the treadmill at all during the session. Set it and jump on and off. Bit like that Tim Don video. But without the talent.

jump on, jump off is the way to go...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: