Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile TT Thread - 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
1:07:14 for a 30 miler over the weekend.

Legs were shot after IM Wales 6 days earlier so about 20w down on expected power, but a decent return in terms of speed as I really focussed on making every watt count.

Weather was nice. Got a 50, a 10 and a 25 to go this season, will be doing well to get all those in in similarly benign conditions....

Very nice. i just did 30mins on the turbo and struggled to average 200watts Crying or Very sad

Nat TT Circuit Champs next month, eek!
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a very tired 25 yesterday, it was blowing a gale but often across. Was really tired from a long hilly sportive the day before and was about 40W down on what I'd expect for a 25, really struggled to get my HR up as well.

So, wasn't too upset with a long 64 and a good workout.

However, I then got to HQ to find out I'd been selected for a random doping control! That was fun, trying to pee in jar when you are dehydrated and someone is stood behind you is surprisingly hard work, and I don't usually have a problem going.

You then get asked various questions after pouring your sample into the A\B bottles.

Apparently no news is good news but you can phone up for confirmation possibly in 2 weeks.

I'm all for this kind of testing, there was 4 of us out of only 25 finishers and one had already been tested earlier in the year. But the lady was a bit shaken up by it all, she'd practically come last in the whole race and although I appreciate it is random I can't really see the point in testing someone like her, I'd prefer it if they went after the top half of the field.

Jeff
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve only ever seen doping control at the couple of National events I’ve ridden. Must have been a bit stressy. 🙁
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FInal hit outs of the year looming, with E2/50 this weekend, then a 10/25 double header next w/e.

After the win/rain apocalypse of 70.3 Weymouth over the w/e I'm hoping the current fine weather holds - must be owed after that filth on Sunday:-)
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
FInal hit outs of the year looming, with E2/50 this weekend, then a 10/25 double header next w/e.

After the win/rain apocalypse of 70.3 Weymouth over the w/e I'm hoping the current fine weather holds - must be owed after that filth on Sunday:-)

Best of luck TRO. 👍
One last tt for me too, not that I’ve done many this year. Kingston to Worthing TT, a week on Sunday. 45 miles, a Cornish pastie and coffee on the seafront and then an easy bimble back.
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
One last tt for me too, not that I’ve done many this year. Kingston to Worthing TT, a week on Sunday. 45 miles, a Cornish pastie and coffee on the seafront and then an easy bimble back.

Is that an official CTT event? I can't see any details for it. Yet on your blog from last year, it seems official as you make reference to Pat Wright from Paceline also riding?
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threw my hat in the Thruxton ring yesterday, Oct 21st. Went 28.33 last year, we'll see. Might do the Greenham Common 10km run the week before, so I'll get excuses lined up early. Wink
jibberjim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

Is that an official CTT event? I can't see any details for it. Yet on your blog from last year, it seems official as you make reference to Pat Wright from Paceline also riding?

It's a "Type B" club event, so anyone phoenix welcome as a guest can enter.

The change of course to the gratuitous east/west section and no longer starting 50yards from where I live has stopped me doing it (and it clashing with Porlock HC, my one event of the year!). It's a great idea for a TT though, it's a shame there's not more of these courses still in use.
Chrace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace H1/F1Y 00:01:18

Honest guv!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1861438612
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

It's our club event, been happening since the 60s. We think it's the only point-to-point TT left in the UK.

http://www.kprc.me.uk/RecordBook/Records/KW.htm

£3 to enter, if you fancy it? Breakfast at Macari's on the seafront followed by an amble back up the A24 and A29.

As Jim says, we get a few Wheelers and Paceline people enter.
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
stenard wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

It's our club event, been happening since the 60s. We think it's the only point-to-point TT left in the UK.

http://www.kprc.me.uk/RecordBook/Records/KW.htm

£3 to enter, if you fancy it? Breakfast at Macari's on the seafront followed by an amble back up the A24 and A29.

As Jim says, we get a few Wheelers and Paceline people enter.

I'm kinda interested, yes. What are the details in terms of start time etc? Will see if it works.

Is this the course? http://www.sussexca.org.uk/gs476.html
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s it.

I haven’t sorted the start sheet yet but first rider off will be 6:30. Sign on at the BP garage at Malden Rushett 100mtrs south of the Crossroads. Doubt we will have a full field.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
That’s it.

I haven’t sorted the start sheet yet but first rider off will be 6:30. Sign on at the BP garage at Malden Rushett 100mtrs south of the Crossroads. Doubt we will have a full field.

Can you remember the reason from moving the start from Kingston? Was it just the extra lights at Brighton Road?

I'm really pleased that you lot kept it going, it was a great event, but it would be quite sad to do it again without Frank popping up at various points on the route.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
That’s it.

Can you remember the reason from moving the start from Kingston? Was it just the extra lights at Brighton Road?

I'm really pleased that you lot kept it going, it was a great event, but it would be quite sad to do it again without Frank popping up at various points on the route.

Yes Jim, just traffic lights and furniture as you head out from Kingston. That’s why the section from the cock roundabout to Betchworth and back was put in to make up the miles. I can’t help thinking that a load of testers going full bore down the new mini Holland path would be fun.
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my 50 was a self inflicted disaster today.

Despite being woken up about 6:15 by someone using the next hotel room as knocking shop I still nearly managed to miss the start.

When I got to HQ I had about 50 minutes but then started pratting around before realising I needed to get a move on, at which time you start rushing, it was also about 4c so I was cold and couldn't decide what to wear.

Because I'd been away for two days the bike was in the back of the car and I needed to put the wheels on etc., I then remembered I'd brought my disc which is wider than the 808 that had been on and there's very little clearance on the back wheel, I didn't have the allen key to modify it either.

I then noticed my front brake was rubbing, the first time in about 2 years, the brakes or wheel didn't look aligned, and although it wasn't bad it was going to cost some time and play on my mind. I thought I'd fixed it when I moved the wheel a bit.

I then headed for the start shivering with cold, only to be confronted with someone with a UCI motor check that wanted to scan my bike, I'd also noticed the brake had started catching again but he needed me to hold it still.

I jumped back on and made it to the line as he said 30 seconds.

The way out was fast, bit of a tailwind and downhill, I went through 25 miles in about 55 flat and thought I might be able to hold on for something near 2 hours.

As soon as I turned I knew that wasn't going to happen and things got a lot tougher, as I'd hit the RAB I tried to get past a Merc and locked the back wheel, I'm not sure if this also moved it a bit.

The way back was savage, I lost my 5 minutes by 37.5 miles and knew I wouldn't gain much so definitely slowed up a bit.

Went over in 2:08 with a 13 min positive split, a lot of the other riders said the way back was savage, and a fair number were also about 10 minutes down.

When I got back to the car the back wheel would hardly spin, maybe a quarter turn due to the brake, so I'm not sure when this started but just about made my day.

I averaged 260W which wasn't too bad and my HR was actually fairly low, I got off and did a 5k which felt fairly easy as well, although it had really warmed up by then.

I talked to the rider who was parked next to me and just came back, he put out 270W and managed 1:54, so clearly he's very aero.

So, pretty much only myself to blame, it clearly wasn't a very slow course as the winner did 1:33, albeit he is comp record holder and a semi-pro (Marcin).

I think I should have been at least a minute or so faster at least but hopefully lesson learnt.

Jeff
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: