Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Zwift alternatives

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Zwift alternatives Reply with quote

I've been using zwift for a few years and really enjoy it. But the cost is going to go up for me this month, i have been paying £7.99 a month but it's about to go up to £12.99.

So i thought i might use this as an opportunity to try some of the alternatives (and see how many different free trial periods I can blag). I know there's Trainer Road and Sufferfest. Has anyone got any other suggestions? Or feel particularly strongly that one of the alternatives is worth trying first?
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, that's a hefty increase. It makes me appreciate the grandfathering approach Trainerroad have committed to ever since they came into existence.

It's probably imminently due for a 2018 update, but the DCR post on the subject is probably your best point of call: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/11/trainer-apps-guide.html
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGT is still free. Its better than it was but is still buggy and gets lonely. Virtugo is very similar, utilises the same game engine so not surprising. I just didnt get anything from it. It's still free in beta and is backed by Michael Rogers and had big ideas aroud training plans. I should fire it up again see where its at but it was a bit boring so only ran it a couple of times.

Try OneLap if you can take your system being hacked by Chinese undercover agents and sex websites Wink
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Blimey, that's a hefty increase.

Yeah it is, it went up to that price for most people last year (there was quite a lot of moaning about it at the time) but people who had been using zwift for a while got a year longer at the old price. I'm half hoping when I try to cancel my subscription they'll offer me a reduced price to continue (audible do that) but i'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway Smile
Muriel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straightouttabrompton wrote:
stenard wrote:
Blimey, that's a hefty increase.

Yeah it is, it went up to that price for most people last year (there was quite a lot of moaning about it at the time) but people who had been using zwift for a while got a year longer at the old price. I'm half hoping when I try to cancel my subscription they'll offer me a reduced price to continue (audible do that) but i'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway Smile

Is that right? I was in the same situation and I haven't been told it's going up. I thought it was a case of if you were paying that price before it stays at that price?
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muriel wrote:
Is that right? I was in the same situation and I haven't been told it's going up. I thought it was a case of if you were paying that price before it stays at that price?

This would seem to support it: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/zwift-pricing-update-HygeG0ybH7
Muriel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Muriel wrote:

This would seem to support it: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/zwift-pricing-update-HygeG0ybH7

Apologies I take that back. I just logged in to Zwift and had a message saying it ends November 15th for me. I was just expecting an email but I guess it's not the direct debit guarantee is it. I apple pay it.

For me the price increase regardless is fine especially over winter. I've found Zwift easily the best gadget to use on my wahoo. Better than any other app. I've never had a problem using it either. I'm running it between a Wahoo Kickr and an ipad.

Always been a big fan of sufferfest prior to Zwift, especially on smart trainers where the power is all set for you.
hammerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new addition from Frank Garcia who set up the 6 figure prize fund live esports zwift races. Called CVRCade and about to enter closed beta. seems to involve more gamified options to make it better for esports and racing, ie you control your avatars road position, wind, echelons, create your own race tracks, and it does seem to have some real gamified modes. Its all very secretive at the moment but the guys wedged and is known to throw a few quid about when he thinks it could give a return. Not sure if the closed beta is open to applications for everyone yet or just those who were in the race series last year.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: