Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Time Trial Thread 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duckhen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Not fully planned yet, expecting a few nibbles on E2, and B courses.

Biggies will be E2/100 (june) - superfast 100, fastest in the country on its day, and B2/12hr (August) - fast 12 hour, did 255 miles on this last year unsupported, with mechanical issues, untapered and it was also a scorching hot day. Right conditions and 270 is just about possible.

It will be a late start for me this year - late finish to last season (IM Cozumal late November) and a bike crash hip injury so unlikely to be racing before April. Currently 30 watts off this time last year, so need a training block rather than races in March.

Might catch up with you Saracen at the time trials, if not then Wales I am in for number 3.
Hen
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheelers Sporting 14 yesterday. 37:12 so 40 seconds faster than last year but still quite a way from where I was hoping to be. A typical sporting tt with wind, puddles, rain and wind although it had cleared up a bit by the time I was off. Good to get the first one done and time to hibernate for another 6 weeks before the next one.
BigFoz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velo Club Vitesse on Mar-3 (it pretty much comes past my house, be rude not to...). 13 miles rolling.
Carrick CC Apr-6 - Hilly
Then we're onto the drag strips with the Royal Albert CC Apr-14, Glasgow Nightingale CC Apr-28
Dumfriess CC 25 (Sigma Series) May-12 - Sporting, and stunning, lapping Loch Ken. (Which I'll be back to in Sep for the Western Masters OW Swim champs, but in not around...)
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Wheezy Cool
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckhen wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:
Not fully planned yet, expecting a few nibbles on E2, and B courses.

Biggies will be E2/100 (june) - superfast 100, fastest in the country on its day, and B2/12hr (August) - fast 12 hour, did 255 miles on this last year unsupported, with mechanical issues, untapered and it was also a scorching hot day. Right conditions and 270 is just about possible.

It will be a late start for me this year - late finish to last season (IM Cozumal late November) and a bike crash hip injury so unlikely to be racing before April. Currently 30 watts off this time last year, so need a training block rather than races in March.

Might catch up with you Saracen at the time trials, if not then Wales I am in for number 3.
Hen

Cool, see you at some point this year then...
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my first TT today, a local spoco that was extended to ~35k due to roadworks. It was cold and wet, think it was snowing for some of the later riders.

TBH, if I'd know what the weather was going to be like I probably wouldn't have gone, the forecast said dry until about 11am!

I'd entered the road bike category, despite this being aimed at getting new people to try it, almost half of us were fairly seasoned TT'ers, with one bloke beating a lot of people on TT bikes.

Anyway, I trundled round in my winter kit and finished in 61:26. Overall winner was 49:xx.

Was reasonably pleased, I've been struggling with a cold and sore throat I can't shake off for nearly 2 weeks and did a longish run yesterday which included a 20:30 parkrun.

AP was 252, NP 264, HR was about 10 BPM less than I'd usually race for that distance at but it compares well to other races at this time of the year, and I've only done a handful of Zwift sessions. So, the quality run sessions have helped.

Jeff
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top stuff Jeff, brass monkeys today and the wind wasn't helping.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Jeff and first one logged.

I have a 21 miler on Saturday 16th; current forecast is 40mph winds and rain, dropping to showers/20mph over the event so advantage - and better conditions for later riders.....

I ride #5 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Fettled the TT bike last weekend but suspect the roadie will get an outing.....
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forecast now 50mph winds through the scheduled running of the event.

B&gger off March.

Bring back the halcyon days of Summer back in February.....
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Forecast now 50mph winds through the scheduled running of the event.

B&gger off March.

Bring back the halcyon days of Summer back in February.....

I have the Reading HM on Sunday, looks to be a heap better than Saturday.

Stay safe out there mate. Cool
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, good luck with that TRO, although I'm running\walking 50 miles in it, and there's a forecast of snow on the higher parts of the route apparently!

Jeff
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacked it in the end, amazed that the event went ahead.

One team mate did it on a roadie and reckoned I made the right call, another rode but pulled out partway feeling unsafe.

Did a couple of runs at club TT course on Sunday as part of a 40 mile ride, still bloody windy although not as bad as Sat. It was still cold and I got caught in a hailstorm at one point and cowered in a bus shelter rather than keep the timed run going Rolling Eyes

Loverly today mind.... Rolling Eyes
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24:02 on our club open this weekend.

Power 26w down on same ride last year, but only 40 seconds slower. Managed to nab to the team prize, despite being the slowest of our 3 riders...

Overall I'm quite pleased though, I knew I was behind after a terrible injury/illness hit Jan/Feb but feared even more of a power loss and the time suggested good speed extracted from the watts put down.

Felt good to be out there again.

I'll start the results thingy when I get official confirmation/placing etc.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

55:11 on the E2/25.

Apparently fast time disguises a poor ride, still 22w off last year and a bit scruffy/patchy motivation coming back.

Unusual wind direction - Easterly - so tail out, head back, v unusual for this course.

As ever, staggered by the guys riding 46:xx, 47:xx etc. Unreal.
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally 2 rides since my motorbike accident in Feb and had a go at the GYCC Good Friday 10 on the B10/43. Pretty happy with a 24:32 considering the lack of training, hopefully I can improve as the season goes on Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: