Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Di2 fitting to road bikes aerobars.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RookieSam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Yep, if you already have the internal battery charger, then it's a piece of cake. You just need to download the etube software.

Surprised you haven't done that already to be honest ... I tweaked around with the shift settings on my TT bike the moment I got it.

And as I said before, everything else is plug and play. When I replaced my battery, I just unplugged the original one, plugged in the new one, loaded up etube, and it recognised the new component immediately. With new shifters, I wouldn't be surprised if they just worked straight away without any setup whatsoever, but within etube you'll be able to select which new shifter button does what.

OK, will get on this ASAP then, thank you! I haven't changed anything on the shift settings as yet (or even knew I could do it) as have been using as a simple road bike and the gear shifts seemed OK. How might one improve that aspect?

I'll definitely enjoy making changes if I run the end shifter buttons etc. Thanks for all the help Smile
RookieSam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, just realised I setup my D-Fly to the DI2 via Bluetooth with the E-Tube app! Guessing that's a completely separate thing and the laptop and hard wire connection should be done for setting up aero bars?
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RookieSam wrote:
On another note, just realised I setup my D-Fly to the DI2 via Bluetooth with the E-Tube app! Guessing that's a completely separate thing and the laptop and hard wire connection should be done for setting up aero bars?

As I've only ever used the new d-fly products, I can't be sure, but this confuses me. I thought the EWW01 was an ant+ transmitter only?

For example, this manual only talks about connecting a bike computer to get ant+ transmission data: https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/um/UM-7G90A-002-00-ENG.pdf

If you are able to connect the d-fly to the etube app, then I would have thought you have one of the newer ones (and associated battery). In which case, I'm not sure you do need to connect to a computer at all - although maybe you do to finalise installation of new components?

In terms of what you can do with changed settings, it depends. I guess if it's setup how you like then no major changes are generally needed, but you could totally change what each shifter does. For example, when I got my TT bike it was setup so that the top button for the rear mech went "up the cassette", so actually got easier. Whereas in my head, it made more sense for the top button to mean "harder gear" (the same as how the front mech buttons were set up), so I just switched them.

You also get to change stuff like speed of shifting, multi shift, etc. And if you do have the new battery, then stuff like synchro and semi-synchro modes.
Chrace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you remove the bars, do you cover up the ports in the junction box? Water ingress a problem?

Got some bar-end shifters a while back and a 5-port box to do exactly this.

Just haven't found any bars that fit my bike - Venge Vias with those weird goat horn bars, so need something with risers directly on to avoid paying £300+ for the official Spesh aero bars (suggestions welcome, J-bend please Smile ).
RookieSam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stendard, will feedback when I've tried it - i may have completely missed it so will confirm connections etc Smile

Chrace - was hoping you were going to say you have a 5 port box for me! ALAS - They seem pretty rare unless you want to pay full price - no ta!
Chrace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RookieSam wrote:
Stendard, will feedback when I've tried it - i may have completely missed it so will confirm connections etc Smile

Chrace - was hoping you were going to say you have a 5 port box for me! ALAS - They seem pretty rare unless you want to pay full price - no ta!

One came up on FB and I got it for 40. But yes, they do seem rare otherwise.
RookieSam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To advise, all fitted and it was litereally plug and play - swapped the 3 for 5 port junction box, added some small Profile design bars and put on teh TT shifters. Plugged in and it worked unbelievably! No need to set anything up and I'm over the moon with it. Such a good simple upgrade.

Total cost:

Shifters - £80
Bars - £40
Junction box - £50 but sold mine for £30 so £20 net spend.

Total expenditure - £140
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: