Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
UMUK is back: Applications for 2019 now open!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racing Quest (UMUK) wrote:
It is perhaps naivety from our part (Rob, my wife Claire or myself) or simply not used to chat in forums like tritalk but we are sad to hear some of your comments.

GrahamO, CRP is my wife Claire, also director @ Racing Quest. She merely posted to Rob, who volunteered for us this year (also creator of this thread), the following: "Just read your race report for your Kielder win. Awesome stuff! Can't wait to see you race UMUK in 2019!" This is all true: we can't wait to see him race next year as we are sure he will try to win it.

Doonhamer, we have nothing to feel embarrassed about, we are promoting our races. However, I do apologise if promoting events in this forum is against their rules and regulations. If it is so, I'll be the first one to contact Rob to delete this thread.

Finally, I am not British so English is only my third language. Would you guys like to have a go at that too? Just saying.

I think more the point was that message was more like a personal message purely to bump the thread. Why was it not left on the site where the race report was?
A simple hello is nice. There is nothing wrong with self promotion, just don't disguise it as something else.

Strangely, I now want to read Rob's race report Laughing
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
.........Strangely, I now want to read Rob's race report Laughing

It's a decent report.
Racing Quest (UMUK)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said before, my wife Claire and I are very new to using forums, etc.

GrahamO,

I have no idea why my laptop is allegedly using a VPN from Ukraine. I am not an IT person, could you please send me your evidence at ben.peresson@racingquest.co.uk. Please feel free not to use your personal email address, any email address will do. I just want the evidence so I can forward it to our IT department.

I am currently based on a site @ Southall (West London) working for Berkeley Group https://www.westlondon.com/berkeley-group-developing-southall-waterside-into-thriving-new-west-london-development/. Perhaps the company's remote internet is giving an IP from Ukraine????!!!! I really don't know.

Now you know my full name, Racing Quest's details, the company I work for and my place of work. Please feel free to cross check all this information.

Mattsurf,

Our current website is truly awful, we are making changes to it but it will possibly take another three or four weeks... please feel free to email us at info@racingquest.co.uk for more information.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it's okay to come on and promote your event, you just have to avoid appearing disingenuous in the way you go about it - we're all pretty savvy to that here Smile
Racing Quest (UMUK)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: New website Reply with quote

hi mattsurf,

As promised, we have now launched our new website www.racingquest.co.uk. Also please take a look at our new events: UMUK 355 and UMUK Team Relay.

Safe training!
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice website - all the right boxes .....

One suggestion my accountant made years ago - don't use your home address as your registered address for your legal entity.

If bad people start googling for a place which arranges events involving cycling, they might just conclude there are a few high end bikes at that location - even if its too new to be on Google Streetview.

Good luck with your event - looks like it will be great.
Racing Quest (UMUK)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham0,

Thanks for your comment about our new website and your advise. Without going into any detail I can confirm that our registered address is not our home address. I got the same advise from our accountant Smile
Racing Quest (UMUK)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to be featured on Fitter Radio. Check it out here https://www.fitter.co.nz/fitter-radio/2018/11/11/episode-237-callum-millward?fbclid=IwAR1pxcxb62AUfzrKhYChMmDWASeDBh8cmTQ-yG22WIEXJl8M2pWiS9hq4
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: