Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Time Trial Thread 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got out for a ride on the TT bike over the weekend and it actually felt OK which convinced me to enter the first 10 mile club event of the year down on the GS10/54 tonight.

Done it once before, but am ~ 5kg heavier than when I did it last summer, which on a hilly course might be sobering! Looks a reasonable evening for it though.
JeffB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our evening 10's start this week but the weather is looking a bit rubbish so I'm not sure if I'll be there.

Going to get the TT bike out soon though, need to get used to that position for the IM.

Thinking of doing a lumpy 47M in a couple of weeks, but possibly just on the roadie.

Jeff
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
Got out for a ride on the TT bike over the weekend and it actually felt OK which convinced me to enter the first 10 mile club event of the year down on the GS10/54 tonight.

Done it once before, but am ~ 5kg heavier than when I did it last summer, which on a hilly course might be sobering! Looks a reasonable evening for it though.

Luckily the weather held out on Tuesday and we had a great evening for it, hardly any wind, the only slight issue was that some emergency gas works on the DC just after 8 miles meant only 1 lane was open so we were late getting started as they figured out whether they could run a shortened TT.

In the end it was a smidge over 8 miles so a nice short sharp blast to kick off the year. Av. speed was about 40.5 Km/h off 266W for 19min29 and 3rd place, a bit off past power numbers (best was 290 for a 10) but slightly quicker on that course than last year despite increased mass and most importantly felt really good on the TT bike position-wise so happy enough.
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work all. Cool

My TT top end has suffered this year from the increased focus on running. Club's first TT is in May but it won't be pretty!
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposed to be riding the E2 tomorrow.

Looks like a 52mph block headwind out, followed by sitting up and watching Dowsett's 'E2 return' Strava KOM get shredded coming back..... Laughing

Srsly, already canned it as riding on a DC in that would be madness.
Poet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Dowsett's record fall?

A few near (j-courses) got cancelled.

I'm riding the J2/9 Open 25TT on Saturday - first one in YEARS!
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Event cancelled not surprisingly.

I'm copping it from my wife, who did a Triathlon at a similar time Sat pm, about 90 mins away (great Yarmouth) where the winds were forecast even stronger - event went ahead and almost everyone showed up and competed.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Date Event Course Time Winning time

06/04/19 KPRC Open 10 G10/42 24:58 21:27

Horrible and cold blustery day. Absolutely turned myself inside out and was still a long way down from where I would expect to be. Clubmates who I would normally be close to or beat were almost 60 seconds ahead.

Next event for me is the Hounslow 100
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So first two entries on the 10 mile board are from the same course Smile

Who Date Event Course Time Winning time

PhilleusPhogg 30/04/19 Epsom CC 10 G10/42 23:42 23:12
Wheezy 06/04/19 KPRC Open 10 G10/42 24:58 21:27

Found ~20W extra from last week so at least fitness is coming back, but weirdly was a bit slower over the first 8miles of the course, there was a bit more of a headwind on the way out so won't read too much into it - was about the same relative to others as last week.

2nd time doing the full 10 on this course and a couple of secs PB I think, av power was 282W. Although the surface is a bit crappy, and it's quite lumpy I'm starting to enjoy the course - definitely there's gains to be had knowing where to put in spurts on some of the shorter sharper inclines.

Think next Tue we're down on a new course near Horsham which is a bit flatter (uses part of the now defunct G10/57 and parts of the G25/57)
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
So first two entries on the 10 mile board are from the same course Smile

Who Date Event Course Time Winning time

PhilleusPhogg 30/04/19 Epsom CC 10 G10/42 23:42 23:12
Wheezy 06/04/19 KPRC Open 10 G10/42 24:58 21:27

Found ~20W extra from last week so at least fitness is coming back, but weirdly was a bit slower over the first 8miles of the course, there was a bit more of a headwind on the way out so won't read too much into it - was about the same relative to others as last week.

2nd time doing the full 10 on this course and a couple of secs PB I think, av power was 282W. Although the surface is a bit crappy, and it's quite lumpy I'm starting to enjoy the course - definitely there's gains to be had knowing where to put in spurts on some of the shorter sharper inclines.

Think next Tue we're down on a new course near Horsham which is a bit flatter (uses part of the now defunct G10/57 and parts of the G25/57)

Good one PP. Smile I’m hoping to be back on there next Wednesday for our evening 10 (first one was cancelled because of roadworks, last week). It’s not an easy course to get right. I must have ridden it 30 odd times in the last 10 years and I can only think of a handful of times when I’ve paced it right. It’s the climb off the Beare Green rbt on the return leg that makes or breaks it for me. If I’ve paced it wrong, that section becomes very, very slow.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice riding folks....

2 events for me over B/H

Sporting 25 on Saturday - 1 hour is a good ride on that course, with 40-45mph winds predicted I'll take 1:05.

Medium-ish 10 on Monday. Weather looks a bit better, still breezy and cool mind and a low 22 will do. 21:xx wold be lovely.
Poet

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THREAD ON THE NEW SITE

https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/t/the-time-trial-thread-2019/158
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: