Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The sub-20 minute 5k run thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trip back to the UK last week for friend's 50th Birthday party. Did Parkrun, in Salisbury, on Saturday. It now has over 600 runners, which is great to see so many people getting out there, and getting fitter, but since it is a 4 lap course, it is now too crowded for PB's. I was 12th overall, with a 19:45 which is a reasonable time, especially as I really don't run 5k's very much.
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Well done TSH, nice to be so close to a PB.

It's pacers week at our local (fast) parkrun this weekend. I'm tempted to follow the 19 minute person in the hope I can hang on for something around 19:2x but it will be hard work. I think it's looking windy as well which won't help.

Jeff

So, I followed the 19 minute pacer, he was a bit erratic, but I managed an 18:53 5k PB. And the course always comes up long for me.

Didn't think I'd ever see a running PB again, particularly not over 5k so well happy, maybe I should do more ultra's!

Jeff
FatPom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
JeffB wrote:

It's pacers week at our local (fast) parkrun this weekend. I'm tempted to follow the 19 minute person in the hope I can hang on for something around 19:2x but it will be hard work. I think it's looking windy as well which won't help.

Jeff

So, I followed the 19 minute pacer, he was a bit erratic, but I managed an 18:53 5k PB. And the course always comes up long for me.

Didn't think I'd ever see a running PB again, particularly not over 5k so well happy, maybe I should do more ultra's!

Jeff

Good work Jeff. I have Winchester 10km tomorrow, so prepared perfectly today by knackering myself out on a 50km mtb ride Very Happy
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winch 10km- managed a 43:48. Slower than last year but ok for now.
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Well done FP, the MTB probably knocked a bit out of the legs.

Jeff
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Well done FP, the MTB probably knocked a bit out of the legs.

Jeff

Cheers mate, that and the Bramley 20 miler last week didn't help. Results are in. I came 151/1570 overall and 12/150 in AG.
TSH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Jeff

Jeff

Great running Jeff. I know a few people who have run PBs off the back of marathon training! Well done.
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Jeff

Jeff

Nicely done Jeff!
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
JeffB wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Jeff

Jeff

Nicely done Jeff!

Sweeeeeet
TSH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect conditions for me a couple of weeks ago and managed to knock about 17 seconds off my Barry Island Park Run PB. Now down to 18:58 even if the official time was 19:00!!! I can either carry on trying to improve on a difficult course or swap to a faster one and improve my PB now...........
mattsurf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSH wrote:
Perfect conditions for me a couple of weeks ago and managed to knock about 17 seconds off my Barry Island Park Run PB. Now down to 18:58 even if the official time was 19:00!!! I can either carry on trying to improve on a difficult course or swap to a faster one and improve my PB now...........

Or just follow the crowd and buy some Nike Vaporfly 4%
TSH

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
TSH wrote:

Or just follow the crowd and buy some Nike Vaporfly 4%

I had thought of that, but £220 for 15 seconds??!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83
Page 83 of 83

Jump to: