Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Health supplements
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antht

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might not be eating enough either, proper food, not sports junk
are you trying to lose weight? maybe by calorie restriction?

also, what do you eat? if you are one of these people who eat loads of cake and crap because "I'll run it off" then this could be your problem too
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realise this is a 7 year old thread resurrected by a since deleted spammer?
iwaters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
You do realise this is a 7 year old thread resurrected by a since deleted spammer?

Well, I do now Laughing
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

Well, I do now Laughing

How else do you pad your post count these days?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is an important topic, just the same...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
newarktricky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
For immunity its worth looking into Vit D. Vit D is produced when sun hits your skin, but in this country the sun is only strong enough between May - Sep and then if are like me any significant period of time spent in the sun (bike rides) etc you are covered in sun cream which blocks it.

You can't get any significant levels of Vit D from food alone. Fortified cereals probably have some and there is a bit in eggs and fish but not a lot.

There has been some studies recently suggesting higher Vit D levels means increased immunity. Its also needed for health muscles, bones and teeth.

Worth getting a blood test done at the start and then at 6 months of supplementing. Being fat soluble the levels can build although it will take some doing to get them too high.

Mine was really low couple of years ago. I used to regularly get 5-6 colds per year. Since Vit D levels have increased I have had 2 colds in 2 years.

Other vits like b and c etc you should easily get enough from a half decent diet, unless you are vegan then you will need B12 and probably iron supplements also.

Don't you think the NHS is financially challenged enough without having to accomodate vit D testing for the worried well? Rolling Eyes

NT Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mash180

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newarktricky wrote:
iwaters wrote:
For immunity its worth looking into Vit D. Vit D is produced when sun hits your skin, but in this country the sun is only strong enough between May - Sep and then if are like me any significant period of time spent in the sun (bike rides) etc you are covered in sun cream which blocks it.

You can't get any significant levels of Vit D from food alone. Fortified cereals probably have some and there is a bit in eggs and fish but not a lot.

There has been some studies recently suggesting higher Vit D levels means increased immunity. Its also needed for health muscles, bones and teeth.

Worth getting a blood test done at the start and then at 6 months of supplementing. Being fat soluble the levels can build although it will take some doing to get them too high.

Mine was really low couple of years ago. I used to regularly get 5-6 colds per year. Since Vit D levels have increased I have had 2 colds in 2 years.

Other vits like b and c etc you should easily get enough from a half decent diet, unless you are vegan then you will need B12 and probably iron supplements also.

Don't you think the NHS is financially challenged enough without having to accomodate vit D testing for the worried well? Rolling Eyes

Don't you think the NHS is financially challenged enough without having to pay cu*ts like you to cycle around Hertfordshire on a TriTalk social while you phone in sick from your NHS job ?
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash180 wrote:
newarktricky wrote:
iwaters wrote:

Don't you think the NHS is financially challenged enough without having to pay cu*ts like you to cycle around Hertfordshire on a TriTalk social while you phone in sick from your NHS job ?

Popcorn
iwaters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newarktricky wrote:
iwaters wrote:

Quite. I have my levels checked by www.medichecks.com, £29 for a VitD at home finger prick test with results checked by a Dr. Rolling Eyes
hazel22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Regular exercise is one of the pillars of healthy living. It improves cardiovascular health, lowers blood pressure, helps control body weight, and protects against a variety of diseases. But there is various type of health supplements available in the market which will help to boost your immune system.

Best Pre Workout Supplements For Women

Last edited by hazel22 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
fruit thief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Hazel, I'm off down the market then if that's where they are. Might get some knock off batteries at the same time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: