Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Your Garmin Questions Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
So latest issue. A couple of times in Triathlons now, my Edge (520) hasn't re-connected with my PM when it wakes-up after T1. In fact yesterday the HRM didn't re-connect either. No problems with my 920xt or my new 735xt, they pick-up the sensors again after the swim.

I'm pretty sure it re-connected when I did the 113 though; so what am I doing wrong in these two cases?

I posted the solution to this in another thread a couple of days ago, I think.

Pair the 520 with power meter before swim. Activate 'Auto-pause when not moving'.
As you leave transition press START and it will start then immediately stop.
When you start running with the bike it will start again and off you go.

I've not done a triathlon with my 520 yet but I have done it with an 800 for 3 years and it has always worked.

Ah, right. The difference I think, is that I start the Edge in Transition before the swim and it obviously goes straight to Auto Pause. But don't you have to start the Edge, otherwise it will shut-down with no activity after 5 min or so?

Read your post again - and you mean do as I do, but ALSO give the Start/Stop button a double press leaving T1?
PCP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
PCP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
So latest issue. A couple of times in Triathlons now, my Edge (520) hasn't re-connected with my PM when it wakes-up after T1. In fact yesterday the HRM didn't re-connect either. No problems with my 920xt or my new 735xt, they pick-up the sensors again after the swim.

I'm pretty sure it re-connected when I did the 113 though; so what am I doing wrong in these two cases?

Pair the 520 with power meter before swim. Activate 'Auto-pause when not moving'.

I've not done a triathlon with my 520 yet but I have done it with an 800 for 3 years and it has always worked.

Ah, right. The difference I think, is that I start the Edge in Transition before the swim and it obviously goes straight to Auto Pause. But don't you have to start the Edge, otherwise it will shut-down with no activity after 5 min or so?

Read your post again - and you mean do as I do, but ALSO give the Start/Stop button a double press leaving T1?

No. It sounds like you do exactly what I do but it isn't working.

I've just paired mine up, started it and it has gone on to auto-pause. I'll see if it works in a bit and report back.

EDIT - it woke up and started when I picked it up and moved with it.
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
PCP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

You can turn off auto shutdown. That's what I do. I don't want the run to mount line to count.

Is this a new issue since getting your pedals? Eg. It was fine with the P2M?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:

Is this a new issue since getting your pedals? Eg. It was fine with the P2M?

Not sure, yes definitely an issue with the pedals last months, but I think I had the same issue with the 520/P2M back in August.

But the Pedals are definitely on the blink Evil or Very Mad I reckon it's the pedals, as in operation, the P2M has never missed a beat.
iwaters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 910XT and 810 and use the premium soft strap HRM. The HRM has stopped working, I have washed the strap and changed the battery. But nothing.

Is it fubar? Any ideas or time to buy a new one?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
I have a 910XT and 810 and use the premium soft strap HRM. The HRM has stopped working, I have washed the strap and changed the battery. But nothing.

Buy a Wahoo Tickr. If you got more than a year out of a Garmin HRM, I'd say you've been lucky! My Polar ones were way better, but even then about 3 years and they'd die.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or an old Garmin hard strap, I'm still using the one that came with my Forerunner 305 god knows how many years ago.
Doca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
iwaters wrote:

Buy a Wahoo Tickr. If you got more than a year out of a Garmin HRM, I'd say you've been lucky! My Polar ones were way better, but even then about 3 years and they'd die.

I've never had a Garmin strap fail. I sold my 910 strap with the watch & I'm on my original stap that came with the 920 nearly 3 years ago.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
iwaters wrote:

I've never had a Garmin strap fail. I sold my 910 strap with the watch & I'm on my original stap that came with the 920 nearly 3 years ago.

You obviously don't use it enough; you need to train more Wink
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The straps fall apart all the time, but that's true of the 4 different brand straps I've tried (Garmin, Polar, Bryton and some other random one). I think that's to be expected with usage of straps sometimes running to 12-14 sessions per week.

I've never had an actual pod fail.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:

I've had 3 Garmin pods go on me in lees than 3 years; hence the change.
Doca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

I think you should go for a check up, your heart must be over powering the sensor!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

I think you should go for a check up, your heart must be over powering the sensor!

It's a shame my performances don't reflect that. Although I've often said my engine is too big for the chassis Very Happy
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
stenard wrote:

I've had 3 Garmin pods go on me in lees than 3 years; hence the change.

What on earth are you doing to them?!
I'm at the super top end of heavy and salty sweater. I never wash or rinse the pods at all, only the straps.
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the strap that came with 910xt I bought second hand two years ago, although would be amazed if that was the original owners original strap Exclamation
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: