Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
UK OW swim locations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BikeRide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidos
Lanterne_Rouge

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elton Res (Bury, North Manchester) is back on 9-10am on Saturday Mornings.

Initial registration for non Rochdale Tri Member will be £8 (includes 1st Swim), each swim thereafter will be £5 (£4 for RTC Members).

New this season - Free brew included with the swim session (voucher will be presented when signing in, redeemable on the day). Also bacon butties available.

Venue Elton Sailing Club, Elton Reservoir (off Bolton Road) Bury.

Elton Sailing Club, Elton Reservoir

Bury

Lancashire

BL8 2BReck

Course is 750m, so as many laps as you can do in the hour. Fully supervised and free car parking.
Steve_Ho

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaternayter wrote:
Steve_Ho wrote:
I heard via the OSS that there will be more open water swimming at Rutalnd Water this season i.e. not just race events.

Anglian Water put me on to inspire2tri who have been authorised to organise such swimming:

http://inspire2tri.com/programmes/open-water-swimming-2/open-water-swimming-events-in-rutland-water

Not sure yet if this will only be for coached sessions but the link above says more news is due soon.

I have no connection to inspire2tri but would welcome the opportunity to swim at Rutland Water.

i've took part in a couple of the swims at Rutland Water with inspire2rti, the only way Anglia Water will let them use it to swim is if they treat it like a race and have marshals on the water for safety reasons. they're hoping now they've had a few sessions next year they'll be able to open it up for a regular early morning weekend swims.

Inspire2Tri have now got the ow swim sessions set up for Rutland Water this year. I haven't been yet but my gf has and said it was a good set up.

I've been participating in some of the sports conditioning classes with Mary at I2Tri over the last months and if they are anything to go by then I'm sure that everything will be well organised.
Lanterne_Rouge

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolortc wrote:
Elton Res (Bury, North Manchester) is back on 9-10am on Saturday Mornings.

Initial registration for non Rochdale Tri Member will be £8 (includes 1st Swim), each swim thereafter will be £5 (£4 for RTC Members).

New this season - Free brew included with the swim session (voucher will be presented when signing in, redeemable on the day). Also bacon butties available.

Venue Elton Sailing Club, Elton Reservoir (off Bolton Road) Bury.

Elton Sailing Club, Elton Reservoir

Bury

Lancashire

BL8 2BReck

Course is 750m, so as many laps as you can do in the hour. Fully supervised and free car parking.

For next week only (1st June) session is 8:30 to 9:30
FiFi

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Can anyone here please tell me if the ow swim sessions have starts at Bosworth in Leicestershire?

I looked on the 1485 tri club website but it wasn't clear.

Thanks
Symes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know it is the right time for it to start but think the temperature was too low either last week or the one before, seem to think somewhere on the forum it was stated at 11C in the water, can't remember if that's too low still? Surely is for me Wink

Stronger mind and muscles than joints, what a b@stard
jocktherock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cotswold water park are doing open water swims now. North lake 31. £50 annual £5 single swim but no showers.
Speedo Swimmer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the Active Water Sports Centre lake at Lydd Kent this week. Cost £5 changing rooms, toilets and showers, bags looked after. Temp 17 degrees

Lapped buoy course around 970m ish per lap (ish as read off my Garmin)

Very little weed, only a very slight taste of motor fuel from skiers.

Plenty of things to sight on to keep a straight line and or learn sighting.

Enjoyed the swim and will be back

Recommended

Open 5:30pm to dusk at moment check or phone for swim nights. I was there on a Tuesday.
Ta
SS
ironchimp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Reservoir in Hackney is up and running. Capital tri are organising races and events.

I did the 3k swim there last Sunday, but there were also 750 and 1500m options. The organisation was good and the people friendly.

750 loop seems a little long. It has a couple of big buoys to sight off, but mostly it's the football buoys. Apparently they're scheduled to have some larger buoys in future. Water's good weedwise but it's pretty green.

Next event is an aquathon on 11/08 with sprint and standard options.

I'm not affiliated with Captial Tri.
N11sml

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Saturday there is a pilot scheme to hold swimming at West Midlands Water Ski Centre, Tamworth Road, Cliff, B78 2DL. (Where the BRAT Birmingham Triathlons are held) 9.30am – 12.30pm on Saturday 20th July so come and have a swim, FREE of charge and FREE hot sandwiches, bacon, sausage.... If all is well and enough interest is shown then they will be holding regular open water sessions there
Elty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone been to the new(ish) open water swim lake in shepperton, next to the thames and desborough island?

El Rey is anatomically my natural enemy/best friend.
TheRedAaron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's alright. 400 and 750 loops. Not weedy. Facilities are raw but it has what you need. You have to do a swim test first and it's a fiver a swim
tin pot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Serpentine Reply with quote

Anyone use the Serpenine in Hyde Park?

I'm starting work nearby and info on websites is sketchy as to whether anything is being run currently (swimfortri.co.uk, serpentine.org.uk)
Elty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedAaron wrote:
Yep, it's alright. 400 and 750 loops. Not weedy. Facilities are raw but it has what you need. You have to do a swim test first and it's a fiver a swim

went for the first time last night. very surprised by the amount of people there! loads. really nice place for a swim. everything you need.

pretty sure I didn't impress anyone with my 'swim'.

El Rey is anatomically my natural enemy/best friend.
DonkeySpank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N11sml wrote:
This Saturday there is a pilot scheme to hold swimming at West Midlands Water Ski Centre, Tamworth Road, Cliff, B78 2DL. (Where the BRAT Birmingham Triathlons are held) 9.30am – 12.30pm on Saturday 20th July so come and have a swim, FREE of charge and FREE hot sandwiches, bacon, sausage.... If all is well and enough interest is shown then they will be holding regular open water sessions there

Do you know if this took off and will the sessions be happening again in 2014? Have done the BRAT tri a couple of times at that location and it's a nice swim.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: