Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TriTalk is 2012 Triathlon England affiliated (CTT in prog)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: TriTalk is 2012 Triathlon England affiliated (CTT in prog) Reply with quote

Yup, you heard it here first, unsurprisingly. TriTalk.co.uk is now a BTA affiliated club for the 2006/2007 season. Megaphone

This means you can list TriTalk.co.uk as your club on the membership form and it'll save you a tenner!

100% Hanna

Last edited by Hanna on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
duncan74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arse.

Can I have my £10 back..... Wink

www.likeys.com - santa's little helper.
Hanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duncan74 wrote:
Arse.

Can I have my £10 back..... Wink

I have a feeling that there will be a few in your situation... nowt I can do about it, sorry. You could always try calling the BTA and explaining the situation to them?

100% Hanna
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how doses one join Club TT ? is there a funny hand shake or can I just call my self a member ?

So many races so little time.
woody70

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna, darling, you are, as always, a fountain of knowledge both useful and valuable (as well as having the most famous bottom on the website - I must work out how to post those pictures of your front soon )

A very stupid question, I am sure but...

What does this mean for 'us' by which I mean the unaffiliated lot who usually enter ourselves as clubless. Does this mean that we will now come up with a club name agaist out entry, or, based on the last post, does it mean that we have some sort of 'qualifing' membership with the BTA which allows entry on that rate, rather than paying the day rate each time?

I am sure this is not the case, as otherwise there would probably be more than a tenner involved, but prehaps you could expand a little?

For your stats, I am from the seaside town of Seaford, 35 ( well 36 soon ) and known, in the real world, as Ian Woodward.

See you at the Seaford Tri in September, if not before.

Thanks for the update.
tritraveller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woody70 wrote:
What does this mean for 'us' by which I mean the unaffiliated lot who usually enter ourselves as clubless. Does this mean that we will now come up with a club name agaist out entry

Some important points..

You can pretty much use any club name when you register for a race, it pretty meaningless. For example want to be a winner, race for Chelsea FC - of course the trademark holder might object, on the other hand if you want to list your club as Seaford Tri Club....

When you join the BTA, you can list a club. in this case TriTalk.co.uk - in the old days your membership form had to go via the club secretary to sign to verify you were a member, but not anymore. As far as I know(as a former club Chairman) there is no check these days, you just join the BTA.

Now, assuming you actually ARE a club member, then you have to join the club. In this case Tritalk.co.uk doesn't charge.

Of course you can still be a BTA member and not a club member, or vice versa.

The club has a formal recognition in the proposals for a new triathlon england and BTF, but I need to read the latest documents to see what if any impact a large "virtual" club could have. I see the clause about the number of votes per members has been removed. I also can't recall what it said about clubs/regions.
duncan74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reduced membership charge for joining the BTA if you are a member of a recognised club.

In this case then by being a 'member' of tritalk then it doesn't cost you anything, so you just get the saving. Most other clubs would want some sort of membership fee.

www.likeys.com - santa's little helper.
AndyS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any benefit to being an independent BTA member, such as Duncan is, over being a TT member and a BTA member and getting £10 discount? Because they sent me a new BTA card which lists my old club (despite there being nothing listed on their web site under my profile (I must have ticked the "just take the money on renewal" box as I wasn't going to join for '06/07)). So I'll phone them and get the club changed changed. I was going to pay the other £10 and be an independent member but if there's no benefit in it I'll bung down TT.
doug

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duncan74 wrote:
There is a reduced membership charge for joining the BTA if you are a member of a recognised club.

In this case then by being a 'member' of tritalk then it doesn't cost you anything, so you just get the saving. Most other clubs would want some sort of membership fee.

I'm a member of Hillingdon Triathletes - it was effectively free - the membership is £10 which is exactly what you save in BTA membership by being a member of an affiliated club.
T-rex of Tri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
duncan74 wrote:

I'm a member of Hillingdon Triathletes - it was effectively free - the membership is £10 which is exactly what you save in BTA membership by being a member of an affiliated club.

So by this argument Tritalk is paying you £10 to be a member.

Not that I'm going to join BT, triathlonScotland do a grand job and no interest in age group quals mean I don't need to. (Sense Tritraveller climbing on soapbox as we speak).

I think most of the folks in Scotland are actually attached to a club with a few exceptions (like me whose attached to two), however if you put down tritalk when you join triscotland as your club and then enter it when entering races, tritalk will be eligible to score points in the Scottish club championships. It would be nice to see.
p00key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna thanks for sorting this out, as always your a star if you need any money from me to contribute to what you paid to set it up let me know.
p00key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna thanks for sorting this out, as always your a star if you need any money from me to contribute to what you paid to set it up let me know.
ray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok confused in stoke needs this explaining in baby talk Confused Confused Confused Confused

so i want to race under the TT banner as i have for the past 2 years do i now have to pay to do this?

if i applie for BTA membership and say i am amember of TT do i still pay?

HELP Confused Shocked
Hanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray - it costs you nothing to be a member of TriTalk.co.uk

If you choose to affiliate with the BTA then you can do so as a club member and therefore at a reduced rate.

100% Hanna
ray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so do you need my details now or just when i finaly get my fat arse into a race?

and just to clear things up..if i fill out a race form put my club as TT i also tick the BTA members box...or do i have to jion the BTA for this?

you wouldn't think i was a genius with an IQ of 200 would you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: