Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The sub-20 minute 5k run thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got nothing top end, so decided to pace a work mate at the Greenham Common 10k to a PB yesterday. He wanted to go sub 46.00 and he I paced him to 45.55, it was not a day for fast times, muddy, windy and slippery.

I was amazed how 'easy' 4.36/km felt compared to the 4.15s I've been trying to hold. Season has taken its toll! Sad
TSH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
How did the marathon go TSH?

Jeff

3:15 this time. Pretty much just jogged the first half and only really turned up the heat in the last 10km when everyone else was (who started way too hard) were dropping off. Not a spectacular time, but lovely weather, great course and Mara number 37! Another this year at Lanza and I'll see if I can hit the magic numbers! Wink
Jgav

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my first two parkruns recently, mostly to see where I was at as it had been a while since a standalone 5k. 20.43 for the first one and 20.21 for the second. It's supposed to be a slow course because it's 95% trails so possibly on for a sub 20 on the right day/right course.

My times marry up almost perfectly with my HM Wava and Jack Daniels calculator so feels about right.
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgav wrote:
Did my first two parkruns recently, mostly to see where I was at as it had been a while since a standalone 5k. 20.43 for the first one and 20.21 for the second. It's supposed to be a slow course because it's 95% trails so possibly on for a sub 20 on the right day/right course.

My times marry up almost perfectly with my HM Wava and Jack Daniels calculator so feels about right.

Nice Cool
TSH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to run 19:26 on the weekend which was only 10 secs of a PB, just 2 weeks after my last marathon. Legs felt tired on the second lap but hoping over the next few weeks I can get closer to 19 minutes........
I'm enjoying my Park Runs and think they are great value for money!! Wink
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSH wrote:
Managed to run 19:26 on the weekend which was only 10 secs of a PB, just 2 weeks after my last marathon. Legs felt tired on the second lap but hoping over the next few weeks I can get closer to 19 minutes........

Good stuff. I've only done one Park Run since IM Wales and that was 21.08. Our local PR course is all playing fields and tree roots, so will be trail shoe time soon!
TSH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
TSH wrote:

Good stuff. I've only done one Park Run since IM Wales and that was 21.08. Our local PR course is all playing fields and tree roots, so will be trail shoe time soon!

Lol. A Park Run has gotta be easier than running up and down that hill 4 times.

My PR is on a sea front and is susceptible to adverse weather conditions - but this weekend we're hosting the Billericay PR from Ireland on their 'Billericay does Gavin & Stacey Park Run'!!!! Personally, I can't wait to see the post race video!! Gonna be carnage .................
Poet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19:50 at parkrun this morning. Same course I ran 21:38 on last month.
BOOM!

Aim for a sub 19 by Christmas...

Try and get a 17:xx by March.
(PB was 17:07)
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet. wrote:
19:50 at parkrun this morning. Same course I ran 21:38 on last month.
BOOM!

Aim for a sub 19 by Christmas...

Try and get a 17:xx by March.
(PB was 17:07)

Cool Nice one. Boom indeed!
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too fat and just haven't ran enough to be anywhere near where I want to be at the parkrun at the mo, 22.38 this weekend at Lowestoft
Poet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluepoolshark wrote:
I'm too fat and just haven't ran enough to be anywhere near where I want to be at the parkrun at the mo, 22.38 this weekend at Lowestoft

I dropped 7.4lbs between my 21:38 and 19:52 parkruns (4 weeks, aiming for 1.5lbs per week loss-ish)

I attribute most of the speed gain to the weight loss and not some drastic increase in fitness.
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet. wrote:
I dropped 7.4lbs between my 21:38 and 19:52 parkruns (4 weeks, aiming for 1.5lbs per week loss-ish)

I attribute most of the speed gain to the weight loss and not some drastic increase in fitness.
That's a decent chunk of time off. I have dropped a few lbs in the last couple of weeks, plus ran a little bit more so will be interesting to see if I get an improvement this Saturday?
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to sneak a 19:58 on the local parkrun today, not the fastest course about with quite a few dead turns but this one is slightly quicker than the usual one. I reckon maybe 25 seconds slower than a fast 5k course.

Hard work though, was suffering and was going to ease up and was wheezing like a chainsmoker (it always takes a few weeks when the temperatures start getting cold).

Been feeling it for the rest of the day though but did manage 45k on the bike later on.

Wondering if I can get in the low 19's now.

Jeff
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Managed to sneak a 19:58 on the local parkrun today, not the fastest course about with quite a few dead turns but this one is slightly quicker than the usual one. I reckon maybe 25 seconds slower than a fast 5k course.

Hard work though, was suffering and was going to ease up and was wheezing like a chainsmoker (it always takes a few weeks when the temperatures start getting cold).

Been feeling it for the rest of the day though but did manage 45k on the bike later on.

Wondering if I can get in the low 19's now.

Jeff

Good one Jeff Winner
Poet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one JeffB!!!
Always nice to hit a target on a slower course, then visit a faster one to see the gains
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 81 of 83

Jump to: