Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:
So.. 5 months after the initial issue, and numerous false starts... i appear to be ready to toe the line at Round 1 of my local XC. I was moving in the right direction with the S&C and physio guidance.. but the whole issue really seems to have been put to bed after seeing a doctor at the 'Institute of Sports, exercise and Health' who put me on a two week course of 'Diclofenac', a strong anti-inflamm. It would seem the drugs do work....

At least, i hope they do... Lets see how 7km of mud and hills affects things now ive had the last of my 'fix'.

how long have you been back training?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
twhat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
twhat wrote:
So.. 5 months after the initial issue, and numerous false starts... i appear to be ready to toe the line at Round 1 of my local XC. I was moving in the right direction with the S&C and physio guidance.. but the whole issue really seems to have been put to bed after seeing a doctor at the 'Institute of Sports, exercise and Health' who put me on a two week course of 'Diclofenac', a strong anti-inflamm. It would seem the drugs do work....

At least, i hope they do... Lets see how 7km of mud and hills affects things now ive had the last of my 'fix'.

Ive been diligent...
Cycling and swimming through summer/ september, plus S&C / gym work. Started 4 weeks ago with 2 x2.5k treadmill runs. Then 2 x2.5k treadmills and a 7k run. week 3 was a 6k, an 8k and 11k (i was feeling punchy on my meds) and this week ive run an 8k with hilly efforts and a 7k easy. Its hard to not go full beans at cross-country. Last year at this race i came 20th overall and 3rd for my club. This year i'm unlikely to come in the points (top 6 for the club) so i should probably just sit back and get round. Assuming i dont react negatively i can look to start 'competing' again at the next fixture in 5 weeks time. Thanks for the reminder, i think i needed it Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
twhat wrote:

Ive been diligent...
Cycling and swimming through summer/ september, plus S&C / gym work. Started 4 weeks ago with 2 x2.5k treadmill runs. Then 2 x2.5k treadmills and a 7k run. week 3 was a 6k, an 8k and 11k (i was feeling punchy on my meds) and this week ive run an 8k with hilly efforts and a 7k easy. Its hard to not go full beans at cross-country. Last year at this race i came 20th overall and 3rd for my club. This year i'm unlikely to come in the points (top 6 for the club) so i should probably just sit back and get round. Assuming i dont react negatively i can look to start 'competing' again at the next fixture in 5 weeks time. Thanks for the reminder, i think i needed it Wink

enjoy!

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
duckhen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:

How is SI joint now?
twhat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been ok thanks.... managed to run to a half decent level over cross country season but have just had another month off after rolling my ankle which has left me with a tender achilles atm. Ive been cycling/swimming/gyming a bit.
The thing is .. despite 3-4 weeks off running, i'm feeling the same lower back pain again. Nothing i cant manage but i've come to the conclusion,after 9 months of stop/start, that my (possibly 15y old) mattress may be to blame. So i've got £2000 worth of Tempur mattress arriving in 10 days time.
Lets see if that changes anything......
duckhen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! good luck
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: