Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman France 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alf Duez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not done much myself as came down with manflu last Wed and needed no excuse to sit watching football/TdF whilst eating crisps, drinking beer and falling asleep.

Good to see you looking for events Doonhammer. Which ones are you looking at as I have K226.com open and looking at Antwerp or the Challenge half in France
Iron muddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
Glad to see i'm not the only one who can't seem to let go of this thread!
Hope youre all getting better/less sore/less tired.

I went down to the lake the Thursday after France, just for an easy couple of laps, about 1500m. That felt OK. Went for a little swim on saturday, maybe over did that a little bit as tried to do some 100m but couldn't go faster than 1:47 so opted for just plodding.
Swam again on Monday, quite hard session of 100s, 75s and 50m then 800 pull. That felt pretty good and managed to go quite quick.
Little lunch time run on Tuesday, at about 10 min miles. Legs felt pretty good. Then decided to give the local 10m TT ago. Thighs ached most of the way around, but managed sub 30 mins (by like 30 secs), and i was the fastest woman (if only cos there were no other women taking part last night Very Happy )
Another little lunch time run today again felt pretty bad, average 9:22 min miles.
Only a swim tomorrow and maybe yoga. Nothing saturday and maybe a little bike ride on sunday, but no more than 2 hours and nice and easy.
I need to book myself into something as at the moment i'm training with no particular purpose!

I think the reason i don't feel too bad is because i did so little running in France!
Jonathan I

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking the thread should gracefully retire, but of course Post-IM is a phase just as Base, Build, Peak, Taper etc are.....

I still feel knackered, which I think is probably psychological more than physical, but Joe Friel says "listen to the body", so I am doing that, and doing bugger all! Hopefully will get to the club swim next week.

"What next" I am struggling with - like you Muddy I "need" something, but I'm also wary of jumping in to the wrong event too early, just to get one in the diary. Alp D'Huez 2011 is the current Fantasy Favourite - mountains again Smile , but I'm not sure if it would take almost as much training as IM - bearing in mind it involves about 2000m of climbing (although only 115Km length and 22k run).

Any other suggestions of Epic Races, no more than Half distance please!

J.
Morg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just considering doing the first 10 mile TT tonight with the club, but I can tell I am still tired, however, I want the points, even coming in last gives me some.

ANyway, I am slowly getting back to training, not so bad for me as I didn't run as much as I would have liked a week last Sunday.

Anyway, I have entered Lanzarote for next year now.

Johnathan, if you want a challenge this year, in September the Rugby road club do a 4 hour TT, its a lot of fun, if somewhat painful, and it is as far as you can go in 4 hours.

Give it some thought, and the rest of you also if you are close by

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two...
Jonathan I

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morg wrote:

Anyway, I have entered Lanzarote for next year now.

Johnathan, if you want a challenge this year, in September the Rugby road club do a 4 hour TT, its a lot of fun, if somewhat painful, and it is as far as you can go in 4 hours.

Give it some thought, and the rest of you also if you are close by

Cheers Morg. Impressed with the early TT'ing. TT definitely high on the schedule for the next 12 months as I need bike speed, but I think September probably a little early for the 4 hour one.

Lanzarote: Mmm Nice not hot or hilly enough for you??? Wink

Take care

J.
Morg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT went ok.

Did a 3 second PB

Clearly didn't work hard enough at Nice, as reflected by my finish time.

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two...
Naranja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

This comes a bit late but those who are looking for pics can check out on my blog
http://www.photocourse.over-blog.com (see the list of albums down on the right).

I'm no professional, just a runner (beginner) and a lover of sports and photography.
Shuffler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Photos Reply with quote

Naranja wrote:
This comes a bit late but those who are looking for pics can check out on my blog
http://www.photocourse.over-blog.com (see the list of albums down on the right).

I'm no professional, just a runner (beginner) and a lover of sports and photography.

But it's all French Smile
Naranja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just scroll down the page so you can see the list of photo albums on the right.

Then click on the album you wish to view.

Let me know if it's ok.

Very Happy
LifeofRiley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

By way of an update from the LoR camp, I was suffering really badly with the pain in the soles of my feet following the silly walk around Nice on the Friday before the race replacing all the glue-ruined stuff...

Anyway, it got to the point that I made an emergency appointment with a chiropodist for Wednesday night and the strangest thing happened...he basically took a scalpel and removed all of the dead skin on my feet. When he swept it up, there was a pile about 2" high and 6" across - no exaggeration!!

The upshot is that NONE of my shoes fit me any more - they're all way too big, including the brand new Asics Gel Nimbus I just bought! Weirder than weird... Confused

Anyway, I'm banned from doing Ironman next year because Mrs LoR suffered a fair bit this year - fair enough, I say (although I shall be massively jealous all year through). So next year's plan for me is that cheeky little 70.3 in Majorca and then aim for Roth or a fast course in 2012.

Recover strong all, LoR

Looking forward to a team relay spring this weekend - I need a bit of exercise!
Jonathan I

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LifeofRiley wrote:
Hi all,

When he swept it up, there was a pile about 2" high and 6" across - no exaggeration!!

So next year's plan for me is that cheeky little 70.3 in Majorca and then aim for Roth or a fast course in 2012.

!

Yuk! Did you check to see he has no sideline selling parmesan?

Majorca is early Lee - May I think, what about after that?

Alp D'Huez still tickles my fancy a little....

J.
neilaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys well done everyone who did this year, I did 2009 (and if you dont believe me check my avatar, sure you will recognise it!) and apparently 2010 was worse, and we had 32c during the run in 2009!

admiration for anyone who finished, I know there were some DNF'ers from this year who finished last year....Reeeeespect Wink

[/url]
Stromboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, if anyone found a Garmin Forerunner 305 during the marathon then it's probably mine. Damn those quick release clips!

I'm guessing that it happened when the girls put the hairband on my wrist at the end of the first lap.

The most disappointing thing is that it had all my data from the bike course on it too.

I did try the lost and found at the expo the next day but they'd only had a baseball cap handed in...anyone??
LifeofRiley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan I wrote:
LifeofRiley wrote:
Hi all,

When he swept it up, there was a pile about 2" high and 6" across - no exaggeration!!

So next year's plan for me is that cheeky little 70.3 in Majorca and then aim for Roth or a fast course in 2012.

!

Yuk! Did you check to see he has no sideline selling parmesan?

Majorca is early Lee - May I think, what about after that?

Alp D'Huez still tickles my fancy a little....

J.

Gross....but very funny! Very Happy

I don't have plans for after Mallorca but am likely to stick to a few Olys / sprints because of said long-suffering Mrs LoR. I'll be back with a vengeance in 2012 though for one of the faster courses....
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey LoR, how are those plates of meat? You & Muddy are great advertisements for healthy feet & IM Very Happy .

Still lacking a challenge to focus on, but ran in my first fell race of the year on Wed night, did okay - won a box of Celebrations Cool - & felt reasonably fresh the day after.

Any of my fellow IM newbies got their Mdot tattoo? I got branded just above my right ankle on Thursday & hell's teeth it hurt Jaw Drop . No swimming for a fortnight Winner .

This thread will not die.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: