Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Swimming pool side effects
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TM01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nookie180 wrote:
really suffer on a friday after swimming at abingdon pool but never after swimming at wantage on wedsnday and sunday?

They may use different water cleaning chemicals, some pools use chlorine and some ozone, ozone is more pleasant in my opinion.
skipper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the helpful replies guys Rob has seen them and is getting a nose clip sorted today. I hope it works otherwise he has an excuse to get out of the pool half way through the session!

a very average blog!!!
joeskipper.co.uk
fat buddha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beconase about 30 mins before the swim, and then immediately after sorts me out. I used to suffer badly for about 24 hrs prior to using it - now I rarely get any sniffles

never found nose clips any use
bengreenfield

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Chlorine and allergies Reply with quote

You should take a listen to this:

http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2012/05/how-to-reduce-the-risk-from-swimming-in-chlorinated-pools-and-drinking-chlorinated-water/

Hope that helps!

Get a free 7-part series on "How To Become Superhuman" at http://www.SuperhumanCoach.com
larry34

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Swimming pool side effects Reply with quote

Hello,

How to protect yourself from the dangers of chlorinated pools to long-term health and still enjoy summer swimming fun for yourself .

summer escapes pool pump parts

Last edited by larry34 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Swimming pool side effects Reply with quote

larry34 wrote:
Hello,

How to protect yourself from the dangers of chlorinated pools to long-term health and still enjoy summer swimming fun for yourself .

So whats the weather like in Kolkata at this time of the year and how many people there are called Larry ?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally don't get sniffles or anything, but for about the last 5 years, I've had to use decongestant pretty much every night before bed. Fine during the day and in the morning, but in the evenings my nose seems to get blocked. I had swum for many years before this without issue, so don't know if it's related.
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, I read the original post thinking not this old chestnut again.... then saw the date of 6 years ago...

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prady1943 wrote:
Absolutely happpened this in the event that you don't know about pool rules and agreeable pool, so need to set up a decent pool like convenient pool, Shop summer escapes pool parts, siphons, channels, pool liners, skimmer hoses and other pool supplies and swap frill for your over the ground swimming pool.

Prady man, you'd so fit in with some of the guys who post in the OT threads Smile

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
prady1943 wrote:
Absolutely happpened this in the event that you don't know about pool rules and agreeable pool, so need to set up a decent pool like convenient pool, Shop summer escapes pool parts, siphons, channels, pool liners, skimmer hoses and other pool supplies and swap frill for your over the ground swimming pool.

Prady man, you'd so fit in with some of the guys who post in the OT threads Smile

methinks prady has forgot to include his hyperlinks. oh hum - was looking to clicking on them.... Rolling Eyes
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it that this old thread keeps popping up like an old friend.

My 15 minutes of fame
sully

Location: Manchester (for 7+ years) ... far away from sunny Qatar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old thread (I didn't notice j til it was pointed out!), but a new (reallyannoying) post swim pool "affliction" for myself .... unlike Larry & prady.... hahaha
It's only in a one particular local pool. They chuck in loads of chlorine to make up for the underperforming filters .....
I use a nasal spray Sinex & a cheaper supermarket type , & also I found an old saline aerosol spray. Not tried nose clips.
Sacrifices for our sport ... Very Happy
Cheers
2010 July: IM CH 14:49. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, AbuDhabi Short. 2014 Outlaw 13:43 Smile
2015 Abu Dhabi Maxi, Doha Pearl Oly, Tameside XL
2016 Tour of Tameside, Ripon Oly 2017 Windy Hill Fell, Saddlesworth Tri, Tour of Tameside, Ripon Oly, Zurich 5150
alexwork

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniffles, or getting water into your ears (or nose, which I would argue is even worse), usually happens because you aren't exhaling properly, particularly when doing flip turns. It doesn't take much water to get in there to cause a sniffley situation.
hunkydory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my local pool is pretty bad and used to leave me struggling for a long time. i use ear plugs, nose clip, and a double snorkel from Power breather. I simply refuse to let any of the water into my body and feel much better now. I tried the nose sprays but they started to irritate my nose after a few tries. I do my hard swimming efforts without snorkel and I will revert back to swimming completely without snorkel when I get to open water.

www.mikajanhunen.blogspot.com
@ESFChiropractic (twitter)
@mika_janhunen_dc (Instagram)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: