Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Zwift, anyone from TT land on it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Anyone doing Zwift Tour of Watopia April 2 to May 26

https://zwiftinsider.com/tour-of-watopia-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1xph81tLuL2qVFp2a-kpHZYlhMSkHvPoxrEZgMaVpipZV12IaA-3P87G4

How do these work? Kids around the ankles I can only do some times during the day - are they a matter of "ride the section when you can" or..?
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
mattsurf wrote:
Anyone doing Zwift Tour of Watopia April 2 to May 26

https://zwiftinsider.com/tour-of-watopia-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1xph81tLuL2qVFp2a-kpHZYlhMSkHvPoxrEZgMaVpipZV12IaA-3P87G4

How do these work? Kids around the ankles I can only do some times during the day - are they a matter of "ride the section when you can" or..?

On the Tour De Zwift earlier this year, each stage was open for 3 or 4 days, with a race run every 2 hours. At the end of the Tour they had 2 catchup days where they ran a stage every 20 mins for 48 hours. I guess that they are sticking to the same format

The Tour De Zwift often had 2000+ riders in each event, most races lasted 60-90 minutes for faster riders
PCP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad these are released weekly so I can fit them in. I'm sure the others have been too close together for me to manage them all.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the first leg of Tour De Watopia this afternoon. Almost 600 starters, so was a relatively big field.

The first few minutes were the usual 400W sprint. I managed to hold onto the lead group. On the first climb, 7 riders went off hard, I missed the sprint and stayed with a buch of around 15 riders. It was a pretty solid 300W the whole time, our group got smaller and smaller as we dropped riders, at one point there were just 5 of us. At some point we picked up 2 riders who had fallen off the lead group. The last 5 km the pace went up a lot, but we managed to stay together. I was surprised to not lose out on the final sprint, coming in a very pleasing 10th place.

Very unusually my W/KG was 4.2, which was slightly lower than all of those ahead of me, my AP of 304W was also lower than all of the other riders around me..... I guess I am learning how to ride in Zwift.

TP gave me a new FTP yesterday, and another new FTP today, now just off 300W
ttowel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race reports of zwift are a new height of dullness though
mattsurf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttowel wrote:
Race reports of zwift are a new height of dullness though

Yes, although some may disagree, Zwift is a real race, and it is extremely competitive. The tactics required are completely different. The race reports (limited to this thread), are useful in so much as people not used to racing on Zwift, can get some ideas about what strategies work
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: