Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Cryptocurrency and apologies now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Cryptocurrency and apologies now Reply with quote

First of all, apologies.

Cryptocurrencies ....what do you make of them? (not the blockchain I can see value in that).

I am baffled. Easily done I know. In my ‘hobby arena’ people are offering $100 2-3 times a month to viewers who can predict cryptocurrencies movements. That’s real cash 💰, while another has said that he has a hedge fund of all things as a client. Good on them.

Fair play to them, but given the range of wisdom on this forum, I would appreciate your opinion on cryptocurrencies.

To me they are just another bubble (blockchain excepted) and given their turbulence, I am amazed that people pay good money for these sort of predictions on price movements.

Those of you who work in the City, for Hedge Funds etc, is it normal for investors to pay for such types of predictions on assets that are so highly volatile?

I mean I know..

1. Behavioural Finance says that investors tend to get percentage confidence levels wrong (which is why bubbles happen).

2. Cryptocurrencies price movements are so bizarre that predicting them must largely be down to chance.

3. To remote view man made stuff is extremely almost impossibly difficult, so credit to those who can do it.

But seriously it was put on Facebook by a respected person who may be here (hi if you are) that a team of 10 are remote viewing cryptocurrencies some full time (and are actively recruiting at $100 a pop).

This gobsmacks even me, hence why I am asking this forum of balanced well educated diverse individuals, (1) what do you think of cryptocurrencies and (2) is it normal for such types of prediction to be used in such markets?

For clarity, I don’t do this, and have no interest in doing this, as I don’t think (1) I could, and (2) if viewers screw this up, what hope is there for work in ‘easier’ fields! But they are openly recruiting so someone is paying the bills. But even I would be getting a mathematician to go through the viewers work to look for random chance.

So come on city slickers, talk to me about cryptocurrencies. Why all the fuss? (Not blockchain I get that). As I understand it most fail, and even those like Bitcoin peaked at £20,000ish and is now £6,500 ish.

To me it’s a bubble plain and simple, with all that goes into that. Educate me. Please.

Ignore the remote viewing bits if you want, that is context to my question.
SGreg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong?

But isn't remote viewing, the way it's supposed to work, be all about seeing/sensing something remotely?

Such as a submarine? Nuclear Missiles? Missing Person?

It's not about time travel and fortune telling? It's one thing to claim you can bend the rules of Space, but to add time onto the list!

I can't believe anyone can believe they can do this and be willing to accept £100 a pop for this advice...if they could they would be sat on a beach drinking Mai Tais outside their New Villa after cleaning up on the Bitcoin Market!

This is akin to selling the winning lottery number for a £10?

Of course, if you know someone willing to give me £100 to guess the bitcoin market, I can let them have my Email!
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong?

But isn't remote viewing, the way it's supposed to work, be all about seeing/sensing something remotely?

Such as a submarine? Nuclear Missiles? Missing Person?

It's not about time travel and fortune telling? It's one thing to claim you can bend the rules of Space, but to add time onto the list!

I can't believe anyone can believe they can do this and be willing to accept £100 a pop for this advice...if they could they would be sat on a beach drinking Mai Tais outside their New Villa after cleaning up on the Bitcoin Market!

This is akin to selling the winning lottery number for a £10?

Of course, if you know someone willing to give me £100 to guess the bitcoin market, I can let them have my Email!
well I think that the person offering the money is (1) a past member of this forum, and (2) I know is widely highly regarded in the viewing field.

To use your analysis Sgreg, a submarine is physical, and has energy, so is viewable. Given the right viewers. The US Government (through their ex viewers) is open about how it tried and failed to read documents in locked safes (I think that Elon Musks new company could potentially do that nowadays given what it is doing), but as words have no ‘energy*’, they are just man made scribbles, that proved impossible (without technological assistance). Now given that cryptocurrencies are a digital nothingness, even I would be very impressed to see the results of this viewing.

They are recruiting Sgreg, but you need a viewing track record to be considered. But the people involved are well known respected names in the field (the ones who are open about it anyway).

I am curious who is ultimately funding this, hence my question to city folk. Someone is shelling out a lot of money to viewers to do this.

* no energy in this context. Words have enormous energy when spoken or read. But in themselves they are just marks on paper.

Note...time is no impediment to viewing.
SGreg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Viewers can see the future...
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
So Viewers can see the future...
well I know you can see the past (that is completely unknown to you, all you have is a target reference number (trn) eg 123456).

The future, I will split into two.

1. When I predict the future I tend to use Good Judgement Project Protocols after my gut instinct has given me a position (eg Trumps election, Brexit etc).

2. Viewers with decades of experience say yes and cite various examples to back their claims up.

The sceptic in me does then ask why they are spending so much time on Facebook creating internal markets of training etc as opposed to sitting on that beach drinking MaiTais.

Which is why this recruitment, on cryptocurrencies of all things (possibly one of the most difficult things to view) that is happening baffles me. Someone is shelling out 💰 to increasing numbers of viewers.

Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on City Slickers, what is all the fuss about cryptocurrencies?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the market is based on people's behaviour....people have energy...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SGreg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will leave that bit alone...unless they are billionaires they are lying, maybe to themselves but they are lying. No one who is not a billionaire can see the future. if they could, they would be billionaires.

As for CryptoCurrency, A lot of it is simply hype!

There are huge swings and as such incredible amounts of money can be made. And this is obviously very appealing to those without money.

This can be marketed, by less scrupulous people to get their hands on said people's money. It's not too hard to find examples of people making very large sums of cash from Crypto and then convince others if they invested they could too.

Of course, it's even easier to lose a lot of money, but from a marketing perspective, these examples can be ignored!

Who knows, Maybe these "predictions" from viewers have huge value in convincing certain people from certain walks of life they should invest in a hedge fund that is being directed by "viewers" Rather than the other hedge funds that are guessing?

The Truth about Crypto Investing is just that, people are guessing, gambling, Some gambles pay off, others don't. But if you are playing with some gullible mugs money then there is no risk, just move on...
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:

Who knows, Maybe these "predictions" from viewers have huge value in convincing certain people from certain walks of life they should invest in a hedge fund that is being directed by "viewers" Rather than the other hedge funds that are guessing?

Thats reasonable Sgreg. I get that. There are plenty in our world do do believe in psychic this or that.

The ex viewer in me would love to get hold of all the viewer sessions though, not just the ones that go public and do some stats analysis on them.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t begrudge viewers earning full time salaries down to $100 a pop per session, but even I am shaking my head at this.
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure whether it's been debunked or not, but there was a factoid going around a few months ago that the global bitcoin mining industry was consuming more electricity than Denmark to power and cool the computers that were crunching the numbers Rolling Eyes

I'm sure there's money to be made out of crypto currencies if you can judge when to buy and sell and get out quickly when it starts to crash, but I'll not be investing in a hurry. The whole thing sounds like a paradise for money laundering and organised crime. I can see why some governments are trying to legislate against it.

Nobody can know for certain which way an investment is going to go in the future, but I'd put more faith in someone who is using economic fundamentals and company knowledge in their models over someone who is claiming to have seen the future by remote viewing Wink
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:

Nobody can know for certain which way an investment is going to go in the future, but I'd put more faith in someone who is using economic fundamentals and company knowledge in their models over someone who is claiming to have seen the future by remote viewing Wink
So would I whisk, so would I.

Remote viewing works, that has been proven time and time again by the likes of the Stanford Research Institute, and Others. The problems (that I am working on) are: (1) making it useful; (2) making it reliable; and (3) dealing with the expectation gaps (like those external auditors face). And I have invested serious time in this, which is why I am amazed that someone somewhere is funding such a big team of viewers to view cryptocurrencies. You could not have made it harder if you tried.

The best platform for predicting the future is the Good Judgement Project, maths based, globally used by governments and corporates (or so they say), derived from the US government, featured in the Economist. But even then it’s more gut position followed by reading tons and refining your position as new knowledge and analysis comes to light.

Accidental remote viewing of the future is certainly possible, and I am working on a theory for why that happens. But to intentionally, repeatedly remote view the future of something that isn’t even physical, boggles the mind.

But the money seems to be flowing so what do I know.
tin pot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

Just, what?
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10K ‘18 50:31 '16 54:01 '13 54:46
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tin pot wrote:
What?

Just, what?
Tin Pot, I know, been there myself.

Look 👀 I am going to leave it at this, Sgreg especially has given me the soundboard that I needed re this. Thank you.

After sleeping on it, though Sgreg I will leave you with somethings to think about.

1. You wrote that if people could predict the future they would be millionnaires. Fair comment. But not necessarily so. It may surprise many here for all my teasing about 1/2 trillion pounds, money is not that great a motivator for me, and I am sure that I am not alone in that. It has been in the past I give you, but nowadays I (hope I) know better. Besides you need money to make money, there are probably many poor brainy folk out there.

2. Now to contradict myself.

There is one aspect of viewing that I stumbled into, I won’t bore you with it here, but let’s just say that it stays with you for years. Confirmed by those from the US military who once did this for a living (well they still do but you know what I mean). I find that aspect of viewing to be extremely ‘gut churning’. And amateurs (including me) get to play with it! If I was ever asked ‘to do that’ and agreed ‘to do that’ you seriously would have to pay me substantial six figure sums, (so that I cleared after tax and any expenses) six figures, ....per individual assignment. Not that I ever see anyone offering me that, to do that, nor me agreeing to do it, even if I could purposefully do it (as opposed to accidentally). Some other viewers agree that it is traumatic, but they claim that they can deal with it and do it. Best of luck to them.

3. I must be doing something right though. As a carer I don’t get out much (hence I notice such things) but since my Submarine paper, I have had people from several nations, one way or another approach me/literally sit down beside me and talk to me to discuss my viewing and applications. From a beautiful American woman my daughters age who is as geeky as me over a training tool I use, to a Russian my daughter is now living with, to a South African who wanted to discuss selling my services to governments, etc. And prior to that (more historic) I was approached twice to do a specific application. I said no.

So for all the ribbing I get on here, some do take it very seriously.

I do prefer it when people just sit down and say “Stewart can you tell me why...” as opposed to beating around the bush. Wonder if later today anyone will “bump into” me again in one of my training spots!

Anyhow, Sgreg seriously thank you for your perspective it really has been helpful.
SGreg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
[

Anyhow, Sgreg seriously thank you for your perspective it really has been helpful.

You see the thing about this viewing is it does, as you have found have pretty limited financial applications.

Future viewing doesn't, and if these market predictions are even slightly above a 50/50 guess it really isn't hard to make A LOT of money even from a small pot!

While I am 100% sure Viewing doesn't work and I can prove that to you anytime you want, but I would hate to do that as you have so much invested emotionally.

But pretending to predict a future that hasn't even happened, and is potentially changeable. It's taking things jsut too far.

People may not be so greedy they take billions, but if they are accepting £100 a prediction they care enough about money that they would be using this to make their lives more comfortable.

You yourself might not chase the big figures but if you had a reliable way to make life easier, I'm sure you would.

If predicting currency fluctuation was possible it is as you say very hard, Predicting the 3:50 at Haydock must be a lot easier?

If future prediction were reliable to the point they were demonstrably better than guessing, it would just be too profitable. If it were demonstrable, people with money would invest massively.

The fact this doesn't happen shows no one is able to demonstrable prove this ability, and if it's not demonstrable it's fake.

P.S I understand what you are saying re predicting big events such as trump, Brexit, that is different as there are many "streams" or threads or whatever to follow.

You want to call it energy or whatever, I don't agree, but still get what you mean I would just call it something different. You are not predicting a future as such but analysing the present to look at the what the future may be, I get that.

It's only what political analysts ect.. do, you just take a different angle on it.

That said, I still think you are drawing the target around the bullet holes...
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sgreg

I am on a phone so can't easily quote. But you may be surprised to hear that I largely agree with you.

I just enjoy pushing myself to my limits, which most here should understand. Don't worry about my emotional involvement I myself am more skeptical than I may seem. If you really can prove viewing doesn't work again then go for it. I am listening.

Sure I find it exciting but I am well aware of the data manipulation... Innocently or otherwise within the community, and how many forget random chance and get all tied up with the wow factor. My current assessment is that there is a baby in the bathwater, though grasping it reliably isn't easy.

Now if you really can easily prove that there is no baby Sgreg, seriously go for it. That would free up a lot of my thinking time for other things.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: