Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TrainerRoad.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramp test is so much more manageable, mentally, than the old tests. Whether it's as representative for FTP is probably somewhat of an individual thing, but they seem confident it is.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned on starting the sweet spot this week, but it has been nice enough to commute so I've had to approximate. As for whether ramp can correctly estimate your FTP, it seems to accurately determine your VO2max and they are inferring that FTP is approx 80%. This might be true for many, but for me - and I'd guess most triathletes? - my FTP is closer to my VO2max than that and I get a low estimate from the ramp test.

This is what the Sufferfest test is supposed to address. According to that, my VO2max is only 15% above my FTP. This might explain why I found VO2max intervals on TR to be virtually impossible.
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
I planned on starting the sweet spot this week, but it has been nice enough to commute so I've had to approximate. As for whether ramp can correctly estimate your FTP, it seems to accurately determine your VO2max and they are inferring that FTP is approx 80%. This might be true for many, but for me - and I'd guess most triathletes? - my FTP is closer to my VO2max than that and I get a low estimate from the ramp test.

This is what the Sufferfest test is supposed to address. According to that, my VO2max is only 15% above my FTP. This might explain why I found VO2max intervals on TR to be virtually impossible.

They take 75% of the final minute average power, plus some adjustments depending on how accurately you did the rest of the test. I agree that for different people, validity of all tests will vary. Hence the TTE metric in WKO4 as I understand it, as the duration different people can hold what is physiologically "threshold" will vary, and not be precisely 60mins for everyone.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three really good podcast episodes this week with some age group qualifiers Deleon Kona. Worth a listen. 👍
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67
Page 67 of 67

Jump to: