Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Sub 11 Ironman Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d nail flag to the mast for <10 if doing something similar to Outlaw again, but UK bike course will be too much for me. 10:30 probably a solid target for me
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone done IM Italy, looks like another quick course but looks like the bike might be ~3k long?

Also heard about jellyfish in the swim last year and really long transition.

Jeff
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed 9 hrs last week, all on the bike.

2x1hr turbo sessions including my first go on Zwift. Late to the party, but hey.....

Saturday was 80 miles / 4hrs on the tt bike. Pretty wiped at the end but good to get my first longer ride done.

Actually did a swim this morning and will try out my calf later in the week. Should be back on it now.
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight improvement for me this week, was a bit stupid last weekend with a long run that set my knee niggle back quite a bit, but went to see a physio who agreed it was muscular, the sartorius muscle which inserts at the knee around where I'm having the pain.

Although partly from tight thigh muscles etc., but mostly linked to weak feet so my legs are constantly stabilising me.

I've managed 4 bikes, totalling 130k, ~38k was in a local duathlon today but it's a twisty course so you are constantly stopping and powering away. But still a decent workout.

couple of swims.

Only managed the 2 runs today which added up to about 14k, the first one was pain free, knee was pulling on the second but not terrible and it's been ok afterwards so I'll keep the massaging going.

Also managed 45 minutes on the X trainer and stairmill in lieu of a running.

So, something like 8 hours.

It doesn't take long for any running form to vaporise though.

Although I'm not sure racing after a late-ish night and some Guinness is the best plan.

Jeff
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Slight improvement for me this week, was a bit stupid last weekend with a long run that set my knee niggle back quite a bit, but went to see a physio who agreed it was muscular, the sartorius muscle which inserts at the knee around where I'm having the pain.

Although partly from tight thigh muscles etc., but mostly linked to weak feet so my legs are constantly stabilising me.

I've managed 4 bikes, totalling 130k, ~38k was in a local duathlon today but it's a twisty course so you are constantly stopping and powering away. But still a decent workout.

couple of swims.

Only managed the 2 runs today which added up to about 14k, the first one was pain free, knee was pulling on the second but not terrible and it's been ok afterwards so I'll keep the massaging going.

Also managed 45 minutes on the X trainer and stairmill in lieu of a running.

So, something like 8 hours.

It doesn't take long for any running form to vaporise though.

Although I'm not sure racing after a late-ish night and some Guinness is the best plan.

Jeff

Whoops, that was meant for the what training thread, I'm tired!

Although, I should throw my hat into this thread now I've entered Hamburg, looking for a short 10 really, but it depends on how training goes in the next few weeks.

Jeff
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 hours last week (first week of Easter hols Cool ). Mainly through being out all day on Tuesday, riding most of the London Orbital Audax route. It was a carp day, weather wise and had a few punctures. Took it very steady and just pottered around. On top of that was some turbo work. I've 'lost' 35 watts from my ftp at the beginning of the year and I'd like to claw some of that back, so will aim to get back on the turbo 3 times a week.

Managed to get a couple of swims in and two short treadmill runs to test of my calf and all seemed good.

Aim is to get another couple of bigger weeks in and build up my long run again to 13-15 miles over the next month. I think I will be better to be consistently running that length than go further and risk getting injured again.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread on NEW SITE

https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/t/sub-11-ironman-thread/109
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72
Page 72 of 72

Jump to: