Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Favero Assioma - Pedal Power Meter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Ant+ or BTLE Jorgan?

If the former check your ant+ dongle is nice and close or/and is in the powered USB port. Bluetooth is usually faultless when Ive used the ipad. Also check the batteries on the pedals.

I'm using an ANT+ dongle on the laptop. Although the PM & HRM are BLE capable....how do I switch that for Zwift?

Oh, and the Garmin Edge reading is also dropping-out, not just Zwift, so it is the PM.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
hammerer wrote:
Ant+ or BTLE Jorgan?

If the former check your ant+ dongle is nice and close or/and is in the powered USB port. Bluetooth is usually faultless when Ive used the ipad. Also check the batteries on the pedals.

I'm using an ANT+ dongle on the laptop. Although the PM & HRM are BLE capable....how do I switch that for Zwift?

Oh, and the Garmin Edge reading is also dropping-out, not just Zwift, so it is the PM.

if it's not happening outside, then it is likely to be some other source causing interference. Used to happen to me on my old Turbo all the time
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
hammerer wrote:
Ant+ or BTLE Jorgan?

BLE doesn't work on PC as far as I'm aware.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, these fckers are spoiling my Zwift rides now! I have sent them a technical request. Did a firmware update after yesterdays' ride, but can't see how a simple firmware update it going to make them transmit a signal again. Must have dropped out over 100 times riding up Alpe du Zwift yesterday, causing my Avatar to either slow or stop completely.

The power roughly halves, then goes to Zero, then half again, then full power (both pedals). As far as I understand, the R pedal transmits to Left, which transmits externally. Battery level very good.

Shame, as it all started so well Rolling Eyes
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sent them back to Favero via DHL, a princely £35 to do that! Having said that, it's impressive to read the tracking info on DHL's site, they have their sh!t locked-down, the speed at which they process stuff through the logistic chain is mind boggling.

Time to sit and wait on the feedback from Favero now the pedals have arrived in Italy....
Doca

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Argh, these fckers are spoiling my Zwift rides now! I have sent them a technical request. Did a firmware update after yesterdays' ride, but can't see how a simple firmware update it going to make them transmit a signal again. Must have dropped out over 100 times riding up Alpe du Zwift yesterday, causing my Avatar to either slow or stop completely.

The power roughly halves, then goes to Zero, then half again, then full power (both pedals). As far as I understand, the R pedal transmits to Left, which transmits externally. Battery level very good.

Shame, as it all started so well Rolling Eyes

Arrggh.. I have been deciding between Vector 3's & Assioma's. My preference was the Garmins on looks but was thinking the Assioma's had less issues.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
So sent them back to Favero via DHL, a princely £35 to do that! Having said that, it's impressive to read the tracking info on DHL's site, they have their sh!t locked-down, the speed at which they process stuff through the logistic chain is mind boggling.

Time to sit and wait on the feedback from Favero now the pedals have arrived in Italy....

So I bought some Assiomas (on your recommnedation Jorgan, so I'm blaiming you Smile) and after a couple of rides I start seeing drop-outs. So I've been on to their support, and they asked about my set-up. I had the pedals paired with both a watch and a bike computer, (both ANT+) so they asked me to try with 1 only. Just done a very short test ride and didn't see any issues. Not saying for definite, it was only 15min ride, and this is still a problem if you can't connect to more than 1 device at a time, but it does suggest there might be a firmware fix.

So, waiting for support feedback.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
Arrggh.. I have been deciding between Vector 3's & Assioma's. My preference was the Garmins on looks but was thinking the Assioma's had less issues.

I preferred the look of the Garmin too, but in the end convinced myself that the cost difference plus rechargeable batteries in a sealed unit and allen key swapping rather than unpopular coin cell batteries and a pedal wrench made Assioma the sensible choice.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
this is still a problem if you can't connect to more than 1 device at a time, but it does suggest there might be a firmware fix.

I have mine connected to 3 devices when I Zwift! But as a minimum, most people are going to have it connected to Zwift & a computer head unit, so it's definitely an issue if that was the case.

Surely the pedals should just transmit an ANT+/BLE signal, the number of devices trying to receive & process should be irrelevant? Or does it not work like a radio wave? Never had this issue with my P2Max.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Surely the pedals should just transmit an ANT+/BLE signal, the number of devices trying to receive & process should be irrelevant? Or does it not work like a radio wave? Never had this issue with my P2Max.

Yeah, that was my assumption too, but maybe there is some 2-way comms going on. The drop-outs I had on both watch and head unit appeared to be in the same place, so it seemed to be the pedals not transmitting, rather than the link switching from 1 device to the other.

As I said, it needs fixing. Just maybe it can be done remotely.

As an aside, when doing a 0 offset cal, do you need to do it on each unit or just once? i.e. does the cal program an offset into the pedals or store an offset onto the receiver?
PCP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
this is still a problem if you can't connect to more than 1 device at a time, but it does suggest there might be a firmware fix.

I have mine connected to 3 devices when I Zwift! But as a minimum, most people are going to have it connected to Zwift & a computer head unit, so it's definitely an issue if that was the case.

Why the head unit?
I just connect to Zwift and get all the info I need from that. I don't have R/L power on my Quarq though, is that the reason why?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
As an aside, when doing a 0 offset cal, do you need to do it on each unit or just once? i.e. does the cal program an offset into the pedals or store an offset onto the receiver?

Oh, I found it can get more complicated than that with the Assioma! You can calibrate using the phone App...so which to use, Garmin, App or both?! Rolling Eyes I think using the App will ensure the pedals know what the Zero is, and that 'calibrates' the signal to all external devices.
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

Why the head unit?
I just connect to Zwift and get all the info I need from that. I don't have R/L power on my Quarq though, is that the reason why?

I never use a head unit with Zwift (don't have one really).
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

What you say is true for ant+.
Not true for current implementation of bluetooth. That is a two way pairing. Although they are meant to be implementing the ability to pair to multiple devices ... it's something that is apparently now possible in the bluetooth framework, but no-one's done it yet.

It's why I think ant+ is superior. It is just a transmission signal and any device can pick it up if it's within range. For that reason, pairing to two devices shouldnt have any impact whatsoever. The ant+ transmitter (pedals in this case) don't even know if you have a head unit connected.

That said, if you are using with zwift, and are connecting via BLE for that and ant+ for a Garmin, then that could cause it issues depending on the robustness of the firmware.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
PCP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

Why the head unit?

I never use a head unit with Zwift (don't have one really).

I don't get all the metrics on Zwift using the Assioma Pedals - there's no cadence with Zwift, don't know why.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: