Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
French Marathon Championships 2019

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: French Marathon Championships 2019 Reply with quote

So, I ran a marathon in France in Oct 2018 and after crossing the finish line was informed that I had qualified for the French Marathon Championships (had declared NGB and was under qualifying time etc).

Despite contacting this particular race organiser (who said he would help supplying information) and Googling for hours, I still can't find out what marathon, where and when the French Marathon Championships 2019 are taking place.

One might assume it could be one of the bigger races like Paris, but I'm asking the IM Massive if anyone has any further knowledge or info on this for 2019?
awildt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, it's never going to be something as prestigious as Paris. They normally rotate through the different divisions and leagues, because if it's set up similar to Tri, the host league/event will get a good "contribution" from FFA.

Having done a bit of googling myself. I have ascertained the following:
It's in Metz at the Metz-Mirabelle Marathon on 13th October 2019.
http://www.athle.fr/asp.net/main.html/html.aspx?htmlid=129
https://www.marathon-metz.fr/

Beyond that, I hope you can speak/read French because that was a 2 min google and I've not figured out how you register etc. I assume if you go through the entry process you'll select that you're competing in the championships and provide a qualifying time.

Hope that helps.

Update: if you go to the online entry - there's a selection for "SAS" selection - Elite or Other. Elite requirements are listed and you'll need to provide evidence of time. I assume that's where the "championship" will be decided from. But you'll only be a "French champion" if you have an FFA licence, like triathlon used to be. But it may also require you to be a French national.
TSH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
Oh no, it's never going to be something as prestigious as Paris. They normally rotate through the different divisions and leagues, because if it's set up similar to Tri, the host league/event will get a good "contribution" from FFA.

Having done a bit of googling myself. I have ascertained the following:
It's in Metz at the Metz-Mirabelle Marathon on 13th October 2019.
http://www.athle.fr/asp.net/main.html/html.aspx?htmlid=129
https://www.marathon-metz.fr/

Beyond that, I hope you can speak/read French because that was a 2 min google and I've not figured out how you register etc. I assume if you go through the entry process you'll select that you're competing in the championships and provide a qualifying time.

Hope that helps.

Update: if you go to the online entry - there's a selection for "SAS" selection - Elite or Other. Elite requirements are listed and you'll need to provide evidence of time. I assume that's where the "championship" will be decided from. But you'll only be a "French champion" if you have an FFA licence, like triathlon used to be. But it may also require you to be a French national.

Thank you so much. I've been trying for ages to find out. It's a good time of year and good location for me - unlikely I'm going to get French Champ lol, but a nice experience none the less. Many thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: