Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Nike Vaporfly 4% Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy916

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
... still cheap, even with £150 trainers every 3 months. I keep coming back to a mate of mine who had run for years without issues in £130 shoes. When he changed to something cheaper, he ended up with physio bills that more than offset the difference! If the shoe works for you, it is worth paying for.

Who cares about the landfill eh?! And, manufacturers tweak their latest models year on year - it can be difficult sustaining the same sort of shoe. It sounds like your mate needs more resilience Wink

Where's ttowel when you need him? Last I heard he was wearing 30 quid end of line shoes, pink or purple women's model for the best bargains, in his pursuit of the sub 2:30 marathon...

Personally I'll keep on with minimal shoes which can I can wear into the ground without going uneven, my coach and inspiration being a certain M55 world record holder https://olderyetfaster.com/100
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy916 wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
... still cheap, even with £150 trainers every 3 months. I keep coming back to a mate of mine who had run for years without issues in £130 shoes. When he changed to something cheaper, he ended up with physio bills that more than offset the difference! If the shoe works for you, it is worth paying for.

Who cares about the landfill eh?! And, manufacturers tweak their latest models year on year - it can be difficult sustaining the same sort of shoe. It sounds like your mate needs more resilience Wink

Where's ttowel when you need him? Last I heard he was wearing 30 quid end of line shoes, pink or purple women's model for the best bargains, in his pursuit of the sub 2:30 marathon...

Personally I'll keep on with minimal shoes which can I can wear into the ground without going uneven, my coach and inspiration being a certain M55 world record holder https://olderyetfaster.com/100

"HTFU and stop wasting your brass on poncey, expensive shoes". So Andy916 kills the most popular thread on TriTalk this year stone dead Wink Very Happy Very Happy
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're mostly on the new site now anyway Wink
tommy060289

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was because it was bank holiday weekend. People only seem to come on when they should be working from what I can tell!
Andy916

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
We're mostly on the new site now anyway Wink

Aye, I realised that *after* I posted that dismissive response Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: