Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Fixing bikes, fixing trust

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2 scheds

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Fixing bikes, fixing trust Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-45334180/from-suspicion-to-fist-bumps-bonding-with-police-over-bikes

Nice story here about the police engaging with the local yoofs over a broken bike or two.

Smile
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great initiative! Smile

The youths around me in South London seem to be quite mechanically competent already - they've worked out how to remove the locking mechanisms from those yellow hire bikes, so there's loads of them riding around the estates on them for free Wink Rolling Eyes
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Great initiative! Smile

The youths around me in South London seem to be quite mechanically competent already - they've worked out how to remove the locking mechanisms from those yellow hire bikes, so there's loads of them riding around the estates on them for free Wink Rolling Eyes

I wondered why every kid seemed to be on yellow bikes in the suburbs. Now I know Laughing
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Whisk wrote:
Great initiative! Smile

I wondered why every kid seemed to be on yellow bikes in the suburbs. Now I know Laughing

Similar. I guess it makes sense ... you don't need to worry about your bike being nicked if you've effectively already stolen it, and if it does get taken you can just find another to use for free out on the street.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: