Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Tritalk - The Future
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Tritalk - The Future Reply with quote

So it appears the general consensus is a new look TT. TT's birthday is 15th May when we will be 16years old. I plan to cut over to the new version of Discourse on that date unless I have any serious complaints in the meantime. What would be good is if you could all log in over on forums.tritalk.co.uk set yourselves up and maybe start duplicating a few posts and slowly migrate and get yourselves familiar with it so we can iron out any little teething problems like server capacity. WYSIWYG over there now so feedback now before we swap forever .

On the 15th this forum will be locked down and www.tritalk.co.uk will be forwarded to the new forum whilst this site will be located on archive.tritalk.co.uk with a permanent link to it. I'm hoping this will work and this site will still function fully but locked to new posts so spammers cant attack it. I have tried everything to upgrade this site but without massive server power and a lot of risk there is no way to upgrade to the latest versions on phpBB which will not improve the site much anyway. The databases are just too big now!

As always any feedback below.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techy stuff is way above my understanding, but thanks for the effort Hammerer. I'm good to go. I'm ready.

Wink
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 thanks hammerer and others for sorting this out.

Looking forward to reading a lot about Vaporflys on the new site Very Happy
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am being really stupid, however forums.tritalk.co.uk doesn't appear to be be valid
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Maybe I am being really stupid, however forums.tritalk.co.uk doesn't appear to be be valid

Yes, I get the same when I try.
iwaters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:
mattsurf wrote:

Yes, I get the same when I try.

Its https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/

No s.
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sorry, I added an extra s it is https://forum.tritalk.co.uk
OldNick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris432626

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
YKK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up, though the password requirements and length seem over zealous for what is essentially a forum?

Is that something you have set or is just the minimum reqs with the chosen forum package you have chosen?
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YKK wrote:
I just signed up, though the password requirements and length seem over zealous for what is essentially a forum?

Is that something you have set or is just the minimum reqs with the chosen forum package you have chosen?

Yeah it's a little painful, and the whole '10 characters' thing is annoying. But I'm in.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been creating some of the popular threads over on the new site - so get posting!

https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YKK wrote:

cheers for the feedback, its not something I had noticed but I have now changed it, minimum is 8 now but that's the lowest it could go unfortuantely
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
YKK wrote:

Yeah it's a little painful, and the whole '10 characters' thing is annoying. But I'm in.

changed that now! there are all these settings I hadn't even noticed in setting it up! any more ideas and it may be possible to change with config and I just hadn't thought of/noticed it
GrahamO

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YKK wrote:

If you realised how easily spammers get past the existing forum security you wouldnt say that. You miss them as I am three or four hours ahead of you and clear them out most days before the UK wakes up.

The longer the better as they are now unable to use much in the way of bots but still have to use email/password combo's
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: