Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Boxing: Fury v Wilder???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronVampiro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Boxing: Fury v Wilder??? Reply with quote

Anyone interested in this?

Does anyone really think Fury has a chance?
SGreg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against Wilder?

Yep.

If he stays fit and focused he will box rings around him. Wilder has a wicked punch but if you can't land anything you can't knock anyone out and that punch is ALL wilder has, works well against the nobody he's fought but when he comes up against Fury, even and out of shape ring rusty Fury he will be boxing shadows.

It will go to points though. And as ever a Big puncher has a punchers Chance! But throwing windmills wildly in the air won't get you far against Fury.

BTW I'm no Fury fanboy, I detest the guy, But Wilder is all talk and no trousers.

They are both just Waiting to be KTFO by AJ
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with everything you said right up until the last comment.

I'm not sure Fury vs AJ is such a formality, for the reasons you've already given re Fury/Wilder.

Assuming Fury beats Wilder I still think AJ's camp will delay as long as possible as they know the danger and want as many fights under AJ's belt as possible before he faces Fury because he is just so awkward.

I do think AJ would come through in the end but Fury could make a very difficult night of it.
Symes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Wilder will come into the fight with a slightly more attacking mindset than Fury's first two comeback opponents, first chap didn't lay a glove on him and Pianeta didn't really get close to a headshot all night.

Fury probably could have dispatched Pianeta but chose to take the opportunity of 30 minutes on his feet, no point in showing his cards with Wilder sat ringside either.

As was said before any of these guys could lay the other out with a clean shot but I'd bet on a points decision.

Stronger mind and muscles than joints, what a b@stard
IronVampiro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people forget what a stinker of a fight Fury V Klitschko was. Yes, Fury won, but he didn't suddenly turn into Ali during that fight.

Fury is awkward, I'll give him that, but Wilder will be too strong for him, I don't think Fury can keep him off him. It's 3 or 4 fights too early for Fury, Wilder will KO him inside 6 rounds.
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronVampiro wrote:
. Yes, Fury won, but he didn't suddenly turn into Ali during that fight.

And Windmill Wilder is?

My point is not that Fury is a Master of the Arts but he had enough slippery in him to keep one of the best fighters in the last couple of decades from laying a glove on him. And has done the same to just about every fighter he has faced.

What the hell makes you think this #@?# who has fought No one but bums can do what no other single fighter has managed including Klitschko.

Awkward is putting it mildly.

The Fury who fought Klitschko would make a joke of Wilder.

But as you also say it is very early in his comeback. So we do not know what state Fury will be in but he's very confident, so maybe he knows something we don't? Maybe he is Delusional, Maybe ...he just wants the paycheck, but I don't think that's in Fury's Persona.

If it were money he was after he would earn a lot more barking up the Joshua tree.

So you have to assume HE believes he can win, and I for one don't doubt it.

JaRok2300 wrote:
I was with everything you said right up until the last comment.

I pointed out I am no Fury Fanboy, unfortunately, I can't say the same for Joshua, So sometimes reason can go out the window when discussing him Laughing
PCP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fury is almost unpunchable. Klitschko never caught him once but he dropped AJ and caught him a number of times.

If, and it is a big if, Fury can get himself in shape both physically and mentally he will beat Wilder and AJ.
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Fury is almost unpunchable

There is one man out there who can land a glove on him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What will be interesting is what happens if he does beat Wilder.

I don't think anyone, Wilder, AJ, Barry or Eddie Hearn included, Really know exactly what went on in the Wilder/AJ "negotiations"

But we do know if it is AJ's side playing silly beggers (Personally I'd say 6 of one half a dozen of the other) then it won't wash with Fury.

They wave a contract at him and Fury will sign it, or tell them to ~#*$ off, but he won't play games in the press. I have a lot of criticism for fury but he isn't one for #@?#.
PCP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
PCP wrote:
Fury is almost unpunchable

There is one man out there who can land a glove on him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What will be interesting is what happens if he does beat Wilder.

I don't think anyone, Wilder, AJ, Barry or Eddie Hearn included, Really know exactly what went on in the Wilder/AJ "negotiations"

But we do know if it is AJ's side playing silly beggers (Personally I'd say 6 of one half a dozen of the other) then it won't wash with Fury.

They wave a contract at him and Fury will sign it, or tell them to ~#*$ off, but he won't play games in the press. I have a lot of criticism for fury but he isn't one for #@?#.

Absolutely, he's more about the boxing than the money. He really will fight anyone. Everyone laughed at him when he said he would fight Klitschko.

He might be a basket case but he really does understand boxing and can pick an opponent apart by watching them then execute a fight plan.
IronVampiro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Fury is almost unpunchable.

Laughing
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree that the Fury that fought Klitschko would beat Wilder and question is whether it's too early in his comeback. Also agree that Fury wanted the rounds at the weekend to see fight as a stepping stone, and could likely have done more.
Bit uncertain but I say Fury wins, and Joshua wishes he'd sewn up the Wilder deal. Think AJ would have preferred Wilder and would have won, but if Fury wins AJ will be under pressure to fight Fury next Spring/Summer, and that will be his biggest test yet. Despite physiques Fury of a couple years ago was a lot fitter and faster than AJ.
IronVampiro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:

Bit uncertain but I say Fury wins, and Joshua wishes he'd sewn up the Wilder deal.

You're dreaming. Wilder will smoke Fury in a couple of rounds.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: