Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Which Cycle Insurance

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waddy-UK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Which Cycle Insurance Reply with quote

Hi all can anyone recommend a cycle insurance company for home and when out cycling thanks?
fruit thief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been with pedal cover since someone recommend here a few years ago. They have been competitive in cost & 1st class in terms of communication on the one occasion I needed to make a claim.
Waddy-UK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much you pay a month you mind me asking?

Do they do cycle only cover and not having to have contents too as already have a good deal with that.
fruit thief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a buildings contents and bikes and excess insurance package which is far better than anything I found on comparison websites.

But I guess if you give them a ring they'll talk over what they can do for you, that's what they did for me anyway

Sound like I'm on commission here, it's not that at all... just that they presented a solution to the sort of q you're asking
Chrace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Barclays home insurance with additional cycle cover.

Covers any bike up to £3.5k where all other insurers seem to want all the bikes listed or else they are not covered - and each extra bike listed increases the cost.
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:

Covers any bike up to £3.5k where all other insurers seem to want all the bikes listed or else they are not covered - and each extra bike listed increases the cost.

How much is that out of interest, and what else do you get?

For ref of the OP, I just renewed with Pedal Cover. £333 for £75k contents, unlimited bikes up to £10k each, £2m public liability cover, £75k legal cover, worldwide cover for up to £8k of stuff including bikes (for example would cover the bike if broken in a bike box by an airline), includes race type cover for bikes left in transition, and damage caused whilst racing tri/du/tt. Also that's zero excess.
Chrace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:

For ref of the OP, I just renewed with Pedal Cover. £333 for £75k contents, unlimited bikes up to £10k each, £2m public liability cover, £75k legal cover, worldwide cover for up to £8k of stuff including bikes (for example would cover the bike if broken in a bike box by an airline), includes race type cover for bikes left in transition, and damage caused whilst racing tri/du/tt. Also that's zero excess.

That's very good stenard. Not sure the Barclays one can compete with that.

Are you sure it's any bike up to 10k or all bikes up to a max of 10k?

Not that it matters for me, total value of all bikes in the garage are well below that threshold but I know it'll matter to some.
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:

That's very good stenard. Not sure the Barclays one can compete with that.

Are you sure it's any bike up to 10k or all bikes up to a max of 10k?

Not that it matters for me, total value of all bikes in the garage are well below that threshold but I know it'll matter to some.

Yes - that's their main USP. All bike's are included as an unspecified item, and all unspecified items are covered upto a max of £10k per item (per the AXA policy doc summary).

EDIT - from here (my emphasis):
Quote:
Our bike and home policy places no limit on the value of the bike, or bikes, that are covered and also has many other features as standard that are particularly pertinent to cyclists – public liability insurance, crash damage and even cycle breakdown cover, to name but a few.

Whilst I guess that's a little misleading as there is a limit from what I can see, I think they're just saying there is no limit that is specific to the value of the bike(s) that does not apply to all other items. It's possible you could pay more to get the £10k limit increased maybe?
leahnp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same AXA policy and it's £10,000 per item. Never had an issue with Pedal cover and the quotes are pretty competitive.
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been with Pedal Cover for a long time. Had contents before but now have added house insurance as we bought a place, so naturally my premium increased.

You don't have to list bikes but I always let them know when there is a change in that regard, just for peace of mind sake really.

It's a shame I had to drop them for my car insurance as my renewal shot up by over £500. Shopped around and got same cover for a similar price as the year before.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: