Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM Vitoria 14th July

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardT1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: IM Vitoria 14th July Reply with quote

Hi guys, any info to this new IM event?

https://www.tri247.com/triathlon-news/event-news/ironman-vitoria-gasteiz-announced

http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/vitoria-gasteiz.aspx#axzz5WHS7m1AX

I'm looking to debut in full distance event, any here participated before being IRONMAN?

Circuits? accommodation?..

Thanks in advance ...

Richard.
Andy916

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger. In its original form, independent event with massive local support, this one has been on my 'list' for a few years now (I'm a Brit, encouraged to do this one by a Basque pal). IM branding will change the feel and cost. Hope they don't lose too much of the character of the event.
Muriel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went here to watch a pal race at the Long Distance Champs back in 10 or 11 I think it was. If ever there was a town geared up for a large scale Ironman event it's this. And whilst it's a split transition I dont think that should be any issue. The lake there is absolutely fecking gigantic and a really nice place for your family and friends to spend a chunk of the day (should they get there ok). I think back at the LD champs they did a 2km straight out and back. Pretty bonkers to see 2km in a straight line in a lake.

JB said the bike course was awesome but HOT. It'll be fugging hot. Even if it's cold it'll be hot. Smile And the run had some random standard chuck bits on to it to make up the distance even in it's old format.

Vitoria is a pretty big place but we stayed in one of the stunning villages about 20km away. That ended up being a good 30/40min drive because of the windy roads but so glad we did.

All that aside it's a stunning part of the world and a beautiful place for a vacation. Bilbao was an easy enough airport to get in and out of and driving out there was a sinch because of the amount of space there is. I'll try and find the village we stayed in.
Muriel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it...

This is the village/town we stayed in. Awesome place.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Laguardia,+%C3%81lava,+Spain/@42.554252,-2.585413,382m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0xd4ff856b1b7ab07:0xca33c8d995fd6bc0!8m2!3d42.5535038!4d-2.5841375
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: