Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Home Tri Bike Fit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barryc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Home Tri Bike Fit Reply with quote

Hello can someone point me in the direction of a website or give me some steps to self fit Tri bike

I have a 2012 P2 that’s new to me and I would like to get it set up roughly so I can get out on it ASAP. I will get a proper fit done soon

I assume I start with saddle height so do you recommend scrapping heel or a percentage of inseam? Then saddle set back? Then pad height?
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to the latest time trial podcast and he’s interviewed a guy who has a YouTube channel. Ttbikefitdotcom. Seems to be some pretty useful stuff on there to give you a steer.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Critical fit/contact points as below. Would like to tweak my hand position a little this winter. Err on the side of caution with saddle height, you can always raise it a little later on.

JaRok2300

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Competitive Cyclist has an online calculator that I used as a starting point then tweaked from there based on feel, knee angle and some of the articles/advice on here & ST (it does have it's uses once you get past the nutters)
doug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need to do is to post us some pictures of you on your current setup so we can suggest improvements - normally related to your garden/garage/spare room or whatever is in the background Very Happy
mattsurf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
What you need to do is to post us some pictures of you on your current setup so we can suggest improvements - normally related to your garden/garage/spare room or whatever is in the background Very Happy

Post same pictures on IMJ for contradictory advice

I used an iphone app called bike fast fit, when I actually did get a proper bike fit, it was pretty much spot on
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: