Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Jodie Whittaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense to me coppers in the U.K. who have gone public re aliens and UFOs tend to come from Yorkshire. Some even had stripes on their arm. See Prufos. (police UFO reporting hotline). So a Yorkshire Dr Who actually makes perfect sense. Wink

Sadly I have lost interest in Dr Who, the last one just didn’t do it for me. Just give me some Daleks and i’m Happy.
Something real bad happens to US during Trumps 2nd term..75%
Michelle Obama president in 2024...65%
In the next 10 years ww3 will start..47%.
doug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
doug wrote:
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/nobody-told-us-shed-be-from-fking-yorkshire-say-outraged-doctor-who-fans-20181008178117

Quote:
DOCTOR Who fans are furious that the latest incarnation of the character is from Yorkshire.

New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker has angered fans with her accent and her Tardis that looks like a rain-soaked terraced house.

Fan Nathan Muir said: “No-one from Yorkshire can convincingly play an alien from a civilisation far more advanced than our own, or even equally as advanced. They haven’t even heard of Uber, except in Leeds where they think it’s a type of gravy.

“Heartbeat. Emmerdale. Doctor Who. Is it just me, or does one of those not fit with the others?”

However fan Donna Sheridan said: “It’s so refreshing to see Yorkshires being represented on television, but why isn’t her assistant a ferret?

“A clear-cut case of the BBC’s anti-mustelid bias.”

Laughing

I thought it was pretty good. certainly better than a grey haired grumpy Scotsman

As a grey haired grumpy Scotsman I ought to be offended by your remark (but I'm not) Very Happy
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
hammerer wrote:
doug wrote:
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/nobody-told-us-shed-be-from-fking-yorkshire-say-outraged-doctor-who-fans-20181008178117

Quote:
DOCTOR Who fans are furious that the latest incarnation of the character is from Yorkshire.

New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker has angered fans with her accent and her Tardis that looks like a rain-soaked terraced house.

Fan Nathan Muir said: “No-one from Yorkshire can convincingly play an alien from a civilisation far more advanced than our own, or even equally as advanced. They haven’t even heard of Uber, except in Leeds where they think it’s a type of gravy.

“Heartbeat. Emmerdale. Doctor Who. Is it just me, or does one of those not fit with the others?”

However fan Donna Sheridan said: “It’s so refreshing to see Yorkshires being represented on television, but why isn’t her assistant a ferret?

Laughing

I thought it was pretty good. certainly better than a grey haired grumpy Scotsman

As a grey haired grumpy Scotsman I ought to be offended by your remark (but I'm not) Very Happy

as a grey haired grumpy scotsman, you missed your chance of a job...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
hammerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
hammerer wrote:
doug wrote:

Quote:

Laughing

I knew you were Scottish, I guessed you'd be grey by now since the last time i see you must be 10 years ago...and grumpy. well we are all getting old Wink
jayski

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
in the scheme of things it's probably he least of our worries...but i was hoping for diane abbott...

Id have watched that, it would have been quite entertaining. I presume she'd have had a drink before filming to calm the nerves.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayski wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
in the scheme of things it's probably he least of our worries...but i was hoping for diane abbott...

Id have watched that, it would have been quite entertaining. I presume she'd have had a drink before filming to calm the nerves.

i think the crew would have a drink before filming to calm their nerves...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: