Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Running in Sri Lanka

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriSam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Running in Sri Lanka Reply with quote

Has anyone been on holiday in Sri Lanka and been able to run there? I recently went to my doctors for the travel jabs and they advised against running at all while I'm out there for a few different reasons.

I have my first XC race of the season a week after I get back and don't want to lose all my fitness - is it really that bad?
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless its lunatic locals I cannot see why not ?

Its not as if its any hotter than a lot of places this tiem of year. Perhaps he just meant it was too hot for someone from Blighty ?
TriSam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't anything to do with the weather, it was to avoid the potential of getting bitten by various things (insects, rabid dogs etc) and risk picking up a disease
PCP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a lot of walking when I was there but no running. Never got bitten by anything worse than a mozzy or got ill.
Can’t see why running would be worse unless it’s jungle running!
Wells

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grew up their in the 80's and my Dad and his mates did plenty or running and a pretty active HHH. Always used to end up with a few leeches attached whenever paddy fields/rivers featured.

Went back through work for a few weeks in 2014 and did some regular morning runs before the heat and humidity of the day built up with no ill effects. As with running anywhere some common sense on your route choices goes a long way.

Hope you have a great time and don't be afraid to get the trainers on and out the door. My only advice would be to go early unless you are well acclimatised to heat and humidity.
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks a lot! Will definitely take the trainers then, hope I can get some good runs in - some of it looks stunning!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: