Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2019 - The Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Ironman Lanzarote 2019 - The Thread! Reply with quote

For Tigger!

Laughing

Not Racing in 2019 so happy to start the thread to avoid any potential "curse"
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I'm more worried about the curse my lovely wife will place on me for doing it all again!

I've already secured my accommodation, staying at the same villa again. Just waiting on Easy Jet to release their flights for May 2019, which I think they will do in October.

Get paid on Thursday, so will pay my entry fee then.

Already looking forward to it, and talking to my coach about a 12 month plan to build in some significant improvements.
Tigger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ironman Lanzarote 2019 - The Thread! Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
For Tigger!

Laughing

Woohoo! Been waiting ages for this thread. 2019 will be the tenth anniversary of my first Lanza.

I'm doing it and will pay up by the end of the month (before the price rise).

I've booked my hotel and even bought a couple of bits and pieces to try to get my tri bike together. I think I nearly rode it once in the two and a bit years since I pulled out of Lanza in 2016.

My motivation is good at the moment, but I'm thinking about how I can become more accountable for consistent training. I've sussed a good way of getting my runs in, I'm focusing on getting my swimming back up to speed but the bike is the problem.

I'd love to get a coach but I will probably wait until October sort of time to help over winter.
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, where are you staying, Tigger?
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after vowing to my wife that was it in May after Lanza

I feel drawn to go back for lanza number 5 and call it a day with IRONMAN distance races after that Idea
Tigger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
Out of interest, where are you staying, Tigger?

https://www.lamoranalanzarote.com/
duckhen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flights and accommodation booked just gotta enter!
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ironman Lanzarote 2019 - The Thread! Reply with quote

Tigger wrote:
SGreg wrote:
For Tigger!

Laughing

Woohoo! Been waiting ages for this thread. 2019 will be the tenth anniversary of my first Lanza.

I'm doing it and will pay up by the end of the month (before the price rise).

I've booked my hotel and even bought a couple of bits and pieces to try to get my tri bike together. I think I nearly rode it once in the two and a bit years since I pulled out of Lanza in 2016.

My motivation is good at the moment, but I'm thinking about how I can become more accountable for consistent training. I've sussed a good way of getting my runs in, I'm focusing on getting my swimming back up to speed but the bike is the problem.

I'd love to get a coach but I will probably wait until October sort of time to help over winter.

How about getting a subscription to TrainerRoad? £9/month. That, plus buying a kurt kinetic road machine turbo was the best thing I did to improve my bike. (I don’t work for them by the way!)
Tigger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ironman Lanzarote 2019 - The Thread! Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
How about getting a subscription to TrainerRoad? £9/month. That, plus buying a kurt kinetic road machine turbo was the best thing I did to improve my bike. (I don’t work for them by the way!)

Thanks - I got TrainerRoad a couple of weeks ago and have a turbo that works with it. The main difficulty with the bike is that I'll let other things distract me from going outside. I'm off on on holiday for a week but when I get back I plan to be doing a lot of riding.
iwaters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to wait for the 2020 Lanza thread! Next year is really busy at home as my wife is finishing her MSc, and has 2 modules in Jan/Feb and a dissertation so I'm sticking to the short stuff.

I'm over on my training camp next year in March again though so will get some Lanza cycling in!

I will follow the thread with interest.

I think when I come to start training I need to improve my indoor bike setup. Those 3-4 hour rides in the pissing rain and freezing cold really drained me this year.
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest, for those who have bought flights already, which airline did you use?
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I won't be "in" for 2019. I don't think "management sign-off" would be an issue because Mrs W loves CLS and we'll probably have a trip there even if I'm not doing IM.

I just don't think I'd be able to put in enough training to "compete". I've done Lanza 6 times now and I'm up to 10 IMs in total, so no concerns about getting round, but I don't think I want to go to the extra expense of entering the race just for the sake of completing.

Having said all of that, the race fell on my birthday (22 May) in 2010 and I think it will potentially do so again in 2021, so if it does then I reckon it'd be rude not to be back for that Wink

In the meantime, I'll be following everyone's progress with great interest and will be contributing to this thread whenever I can.
duckhen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flights and villa all booked as a package so not sure which company
duckhen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entered! Hmmmm a long winter of training ahead!
Simonmr2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entered after a deferral from this year. Flights booked and staying in Playa Blanca.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: