Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Your Garmin Questions Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Poet wrote:
Surely that’s skewing the test, too?

Yep, the way to build confidence in the battery life is to do the ironman, best time is probably a few days before the event - just to make sure it doesn't fade afterwards. It's important to do it in the same location too as GPS demands depend on how difficult it is to get coverage.

So maybe the Thursday before the event, do the full distance on the course, if it stops before the end, you know you need to go faster, if it's okay, then you know you'll be okay - unless you feel a bit tired on the day...

FTFY
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Connect on the blink today? My 735 partially syncs with GC i.e. calories/steps & intensity minutes updated, but no workouts are showing/uploading.

Tried all the usual reboots. Is it the watch? (no BT icon on the screen, even though GC can see it)
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cycle to work uploaded this morning and just synced calories/steps as you've said.

My 735 sometimes struggles to sync and the blue tooth symbol disappears from the watch part way through. I generally just ignore it for a while and it seems to sync when it's ready.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted! I removed then re-paired the device to Connect and that has done the trick. Phew! For a while it was like I'd never done those sessions Rolling Eyes Laughing
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things actually got worse before I managed to sort the issues. At one point I had to un-pair everything, then uninstall Garmin Connect App. Then it wouldn't re-pair with my Edge. In the end, it appears it was actually the App permissions on my phone that had changed for some reason. It's reset all the records on my watch now, which is (only slightly) annoying.

Anyhoos. I've just pulled the trigger on a 935 as I want the battery life for Ironman, and had limited confidence the 735 could do 10+ hours with GPS. Hopefully my wife can get some use out of the 735 (running & tracker), and save carting her phone with her all the time.
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Things actually got worse before I managed to sort the issues. At one point I had to un-pair everything, then uninstall Garmin Connect App. Then it wouldn't re-pair with my Edge. In the end, it appears it was actually the App permissions on my phone that had changed for some reason. It's reset all the records on my watch now, which is (only slightly) annoying.

Anyhoos. I've just pulled the trigger on a 935 as I want the battery life for Ironman, and had limited confidence the 735 could do 10+ hours with GPS. Hopefully my wife can get some use out of the 735 (running & tracker), and save carting her phone with her all the time.

Isn't the 945 imminent? Although I suspect it will be in short supply and full of bugs to begin with.

Jeff
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:

Isn't the 945 imminent? Although I suspect it will be in short supply and full of bugs to begin with.

Buy a brand new Garmin product? Laughing Yes, expensive & full of bugs! The same as every Vector release.
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Buy a brand new Garmin product? Laughing Yes, expensive & full of bugs! The same as every Vector release.

I'd normally be the same, but it is now the one I'm waiting for. Onboard music, mainly to be able to run with podcasts and negate the need for my phone, is about the only thing I'm interested in though.

Well, that and some of the non-tri functions. As silly as it sounds, the golf features are actually quite appealing as well for the handful of rounds I play per year.
PCP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon have the Edge 820 for £175 which is cheaper then the 520
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Amazon have the Edge 820 for £175 which is cheaper then the 520

It's been that price for a month or so. The 520 is £150 at places like Cycle Republic, it's the 520 Plus that is more expensive at £199.

Which just goes to show that a device with physical buttons rather than a fiddly touchscreen is actually more desirable in a bike computer. As otherwise the 820 and 520 Plus are pretty much the same. It's certainly a reason that I originally bought a basic 520 and the 820 never really appealed.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sports computer with a touch screen - that's a recipe for failure.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: