Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Shattered
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Shattered Reply with quote

Maybe it is due to the days getting shorter and weather getting colder. Maybe it is due to the end of a long season. Whatever the reason, I am feeling tired most of the time.

I have reduced the intensity and length of my training, still doing around 10 hours per week, however, it is a real effort, and recovery from workouts seem to take longer
Doca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I know how that feels.

Less than 6 weeks ago I did a 3:26 mara at IM wales, last night I struggled to do a 10K easy run and wanted to walk home.

I'm having to force a bit of exercise at the moment mostly because I don't want to get fat.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some nasty virus's going around the Uk at the moment - everyone who comes from there seems to bring them to the UAE.

I've had one which sent me into lethargy for about a month when I didnt have the energy to do much, and even though the brain was working the blood pressure was up as if I was fighting something.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:

Less than 6 weeks ago I did a 3:26 mara at IM wales, last night I struggled to do a 10K easy run and wanted to walk home.

I'm having to force a bit of exercise at the moment mostly because I don't want to get fat.

On Sunday, I've got an end of season ride up my local mountain (approx 1400m climbing) with local mtb club... hopefully the competitive urge will see me put in decent effort
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
There's some nasty virus's going around the Uk at the moment - everyone who comes from there seems to bring them to the UAE.

I've had one which sent me into lethargy for about a month when I didnt have the energy to do much, and even though the brain was working the blood pressure was up as if I was fighting something.

Can't complain about BP at the moment, I measure it often and it is normal. The last week or so my resting HR has been around 42bpm, in a meeting on Tuesday it dropped to 36... notice that when my HR is very low, I feel very lethargic
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could just be your age Matt Very Happy
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
It could just be your age Matt Very Happy

So you've got one year left
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
GrahamO wrote:

Can't complain about BP at the moment, I measure it often and it is normal. The last week or so my resting HR has been around 42bpm, in a meeting on Tuesday it dropped to 36... notice that when my HR is very low, I feel very lethargic

Suppressed resting HR is also a sign of overtraining (as well as an elevated one). Something to do with your sympathetic nervous system not having any omphh IIRR
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:

Feeling much the same. I have the Nat Circuit TT Champs on Sunday and am really in two minds whether to bother.

Did a very easy paced 10km last week helping a mate to a PB, we went just under 46.00, it felt fine but not fine at the same time, hard to explain but my watch data showed my HR was working harder than I thought it was.
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been feeling rubbish all day today, came back from America with a bit of a sinus problem or cold, nothing bad, more irritating.

Struggled to get out of bed this morning and just lethargic all day.

Haven't done anything since returning the hire bike on monday which was 6 miles.

HR was up and HRV was low, so probably a combination of recovery from the races, the flight home and the sinus problem.

Hopefully feel a bit better tomorrow but nothing much planned for a few weeks, any training is short and easy.

Jeff
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did off road Mountain time trial and won, 3 minutes slower than my PB.

Actually felt pretty good, maybe the competitive aspect is what I need to get motivated

However, comparing with my best time, my average power was down 20W and HR 4bpm higher, so probably indicate some loss of fitness
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done about 4hrs so far this week. I ran yesterday and brought my gym stuff to work but really CBA today. Definitely lost some mojo at the moment. Work has been crazy and impending house purchase taking some energy but no real excuses.

Just lethargy Sad
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Work has been crazy and impending house purchase taking some energy but no real excuses.

Just lethargy Sad

I think those stresses will take it out of you, especially now the days are getting shorter. Sitting under strip lights all day is pretty sucky.
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Work has been crazy and impending house purchase taking some energy but no real excuses.

Just lethargy Sad

I think those stresses will take it out of you, especially now the days are getting shorter. Sitting under strip lights all day is pretty sucky.

For sure. I think I'm suffering from not having a race plan for next year also. I wouldn't be following a program, even if I did but it seems that motivation to keep going is better when there is a bigger picture in place.

I'm going to tick over until we've moved in and take it from there (no completion date yet)
bamnl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also felt the same before for many weeks. I thought it was because of the weather but turns out I was just anemic. Had to take extra supplements to get my iron back lol.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: