Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
2019 UTMB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 UTMB Reply with quote

sb20 wrote:
Dear All

Looks like I snagged a UTMB place for 2019? Anyone else get lucky?

Your first time? First time I did it (or rather failed to do it), was really taken back by the size of the mountains and the length of the climbs - sounds obvious I know but nothing in this country really can simulate the Alps
sb20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tunster.

It will be my second time. You are so right that there is little to prepare you.

This time i will spend much more time running down trails. And less time putting in lots of miles. My quads were totally fooked by the time i finished last time. It was harder going down than up!!
First Tri an evening sprint in 2008 done a few since then inc 2x Roth, IM Wales, 2x Celtman, Alps d'Huez Long, O till O, Ceasers Camp 100 x2, Norseman, Ring O Fire, St Oswalds 100, Cambrian trail, 2 Race to the King, UTMB and so it goes on!
tunster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb20 wrote:
Hi Tunster.

It will be my second time. You are so right that there is little to prepare you.

This time i will spend much more time running down trails. And less time putting in lots of miles. My quads were totally fooked by the time i finished last time. It was harder going down than up!!

I also found some strength work in the gym really useful
e-j

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
sb20 wrote:
My 2016 utmb gave me 6 ponts (they last 3 cycles)

The i did the 2017 and 2018 Cumbrian Way Ultra. Each worth 5 points

Nice. I'm in for Race to the King, undecided whether to suck it up and do Race to the Stones as well or just do one this and one next year.

I'm not aware of too many of the qualy events and apart from the Threshold Series, the ones I am aware of are all sold out. I'm based in Winchester.

check the points. I've just done TransGranCanaria to get 6 points and just seen they've now downgraded it to 5. I've got an entry for Race to the Stones which was 4 points, but now it's only 3. I've got 5 points from CCC, so now need to find another 5 point race which I wasn't expecting to need! Rolling Eyes

I understand why UTMB are making it harder to qualify, but the fact I raced TGC because it was a 6 pointer has rather annoyed me. (the race was good though!)

Phil Wilson- "EJ... He's an injury rehab ninja."
esox.flucius- "The man that Sport & Exercise doctors turn to for help"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: