Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Zwift, anyone from TT land on it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richardsdrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Zwift, anyone from TT land on it? Reply with quote

I've been on www.zwift.com a few months now and liking the distraction for my indoor rides.
Wondered if any TT 'ers are on it. How are you finding it?
TriSam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Cake1Me0 uses it, if he doesn't see this thread I can chuck him a message and give him a heads up.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Zwift, anyone from TT land on it? Reply with quote

Richardsdrr wrote:
I've been on www.zwift.com a few months now and liking the distraction for my indoor rides.

I'm a very, very fair weather cyclist, but even for me it's nice enough to ride outside...
Richardsdrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Zwift, anyone from TT land on it? Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Richardsdrr wrote:

I'm a very, very fair weather cyclist, but even for me it's nice enough to ride outside...

True, but it is ideal for the time crunched among us. When I have 1 hour ish to get something in, then I'm going to use the turbo. By the time I've unlocked my bike from my fortress of a shed, checked pressure, oiled up and ridden it to somewhere away from traffic lights etc it's time to turn around. But I do prefer to get outside Smile
tri_longer

Location: Bobbing along on the bottom of the beautiful briney

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Zwift, anyone from TT land on it? Reply with quote

Richardsdrr wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
Richardsdrr wrote:

True, but it is ideal for the time crunched among us. When I have 1 hour ish to get something in, then I'm going to use the turbo. By the time I've unlocked my bike from my fortress of a shed, checked pressure, oiled up and ridden it to somewhere away from traffic lights etc it's time to turn around. But I do prefer to get outside Smile

I'm a bit like that at the moment. Long easy rides is fine at weekend, but weeknights, dog to walk etc and by the time driven or ridden somewhere to do intervals I can be half way through a turbo session. Plus, weirdly I do like the trubo.

I just trainerroad though and stick a film on

http://chrisgoesracing.blogspot.co.uk/
mikeaver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,
I have been on it a few times, and really like it, It is good now but it is going to be a fantastic training tool as it develops. I have a Kickr and I must say its as near to riding outside as you can possibly get.
Richardsdrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeslow wrote:
Hi Rich,
I have been on it a few times, and really like it, It is good now but it is going to be a fantastic training tool as it develops. I have a Kickr and I must say its as near to riding outside as you can possibly get.

I'm on a kickr too. What's your name on it, I'll keep an eye out for you. Mine's D.Richards. Are you on the strava zwift group?
Richardsdrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Zwift, anyone from TT land on it? Reply with quote

tri_longer wrote:
Richardsdrr wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
Richardsdrr wrote:

I'm a bit like that at the moment. Long easy rides is fine at weekend, but weeknights, dog to walk etc and by the time driven or ridden somewhere to do intervals I can be half way through a turbo session. Plus, weirdly I do like the trubo.

I just trainerroad though and stick a film on

I like using the trainerroad/zwift combo. i.e. Use TR to control the kickr for set intervals etc but still use zwift for the view/distraction.
chris432626

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying it, but it'll be so much better once they're adding more real life courses.
They must be fairly close to moving out of beta.
mikeaver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardsdrr wrote:
mikeslow wrote:
Hi Rich,

I'm on a kickr too. What's your name on it, I'll keep an eye out for you. Mine's D.Richards. Are you on the strava zwift group?

No I have'nt joined the strava grup but I am on the fb group, lots of good advice and chat, lots of whining about cheats though as well!
My name on there is mikeaver.
I split my time on the turbo between trainer road and zwift because I train with the other half on trainer road using companion. Hope you are enjoying your Kickr? I was a bit worried that it would be a waste of money but Im delighted with it and the integration with trainer road and zwift.
Cake1Me0

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
I know Cake1Me0 uses it, if he doesn't see this thread I can chuck him a message and give him a heads up.

Yup I'm on it! Not so much now the weather is getting good but I was using it a lot for easy rides and intervals when I couldn't get outside during the winter. Wish I had a Kickr as well to make it even better!
hammerer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive now used it for a few laps. find it very tempting to smash the KoM and spend the next 5 minutes recovering. Last night just did a fairly sedate 3 laps but it did get a bit boring going steady after a while. A great game engine with good potential but needs something else now to take it up to a decent level. This with proper training sessions / links into TR and the online race potential, real life courses etc is going to hopefully build into something very good indeed though.

sufferfest and trainerroad are far better for me at present.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the Zwift experience panning-out for people now? I'm yet to use the trainer this off season, as I can't stand the thing. Yet it's probably the thing that would help me make some progress on the bike/on my FTP.

I currently have a Tacx Satori and a Power2Max; apart from the dongle stuff, would I need anything else? I'm guessing Internet connectivity, which might be a problem in the garage given all the thick brick walls in the new place (opposite side of house to router).
the_exile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in this too. I am in the process of getting a new trainer - and I am torn between a turbo or rollers.

If I go for rollers and do not have a power meter can I still use Zwift? How does the lack of a compatible trainer or power meter effect the experience? I have a speed/cadence sensor and Ant+ dongle.
Castleman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
How's the Zwift experience panning-out for people now? I'm yet to use the trainer this off season, as I can't stand the thing. Yet it's probably the thing that would help me make some progress on the bike/on my FTP.

I currently have a Tacx Satori and a Power2Max; apart from the dongle stuff, would I need anything else? I'm guessing Internet connectivity, which might be a problem in the garage given all the thick brick walls in the new place (opposite side of house to router).

You can get wifi boosters (or can be used for a wired connection), that use the internal cabling of the house power sockets. About 30quid and great - I've used them and even with old wiring I saw little noticeable delay in connection speeds.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: