Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TrainerRoad.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you've described feeling above was pretty much precisely one of the questions covered in the latest podcast.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got discount code for joining TRAINEROAD
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
What you've described feeling above was pretty much precisely one of the questions covered in the latest podcast.

I missed that one. Thanks Stenard, will have a listen.
goldenboots

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know where you can see the different training programs from TR without a subscription. I'm not trying to steal any (but this is the reason why I expect I won't be able to find them anywhere), but starting to feel less and less motivated with Zwift and i know that TR used to always motivate me. Currently doing one of the plans in Zwift but it isn't particularly exciting me anymore unfortunately
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldenboots wrote:
Does anybody know where you can see the different training programs from TR without a subscription. I'm not trying to steal any (but this is the reason why I expect I won't be able to find them anywhere), but starting to feel less and less motivated with Zwift and i know that TR used to always motivate me. Currently doing one of the plans in Zwift but it isn't particularly exciting me anymore unfortunately

I don't think you can. I think you have to subscribe.
I have 3x 1 free month to give away on my account, so if you PM your email address I will happily send you one. I don't get anything in return in case you query motivations.
tin pot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you have to subscribe.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10K ‘18 50:31 '16 54:01 '13 54:46
goldenboots

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody (successfully) used both Zwift and TR at the same time, with TR controlling the session and overlayed over Zwift?
tin pot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t tried but I think if you’re using Bluetooth from your power meter you’ll have trouble.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10K ‘18 50:31 '16 54:01 '13 54:46
jibberjim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldenboots wrote:
Has anybody (successfully) used both Zwift and TR at the same time, with TR controlling the session and overlayed over Zwift?

With ANT+ it'll work fine, just make sure you pair the smart trainer just as a power meter, so it doesn't control it. Because Zwift is so terrible with the tacx neo (it has you fixed at a CdA of a bus) I used the tacx neo software for controlling speed and had zwift up for something to look at.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
goldenboots wrote:

I don't think you can. I think you have to subscribe.
I have 3x 1 free month to give away on my account, so if you PM your email address I will happily send you one. I don't get anything in return in case you query motivations.

sent u a pm stenard Very Happy
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
I have decided on a bit of a departure. Although I have enjoyed trainerroad and I have seen some good gains with it over the last couple of years, I have found that I have been increasingly tired and run down. This is by no means all down to TR but I have found the intensity of some of the sessions and the weekly accumulation just a little bit too much for me, even on the low volume plans when life and other things are factored in.

So I have decided to ditch the training plans altogether and focus on doing appropriate sessions when I have the energy / time / enthusiasm. I've been doing this for the last few weeks and I have found it much easier to deal with and I'm not beating myself up if I miss a session. I've been doing more sweetspot work and taken a couple of weeks off the VO2 max sessions, which I take ages to recover from. I will do the VO2 sessions, but less often. I guess the trade off is that I will not see the gains of previous years, but for my training mojo and general health I am sure this is the right way forward.

Slight aside maybe, but I've been persevering with the Sufferfest 4DP training approach this winter, having done TrainerRoad last winter. I found the VO2 sessions on TrainerRoad really challenging, my 4DP profile says my 20min power is far superior to 5min/1min/5sec power and as a result the adjusted Sufferfest VO2 sessions are much easier - even to the point of feeling too easy.

Basically in TrainerRoad I would be doing the VO2 sessions at 115% of FTP rather than 120%. I'm not flogging myself nearly as much at this level, but whether I'm getting the same benefit we shall have to wait and see.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With family holidays and other stuff, I took a couple of weeks off TR and focussed on easy Z2 rides. I've done a couple of TR sessions since and have felt the benefit of a break, both physically and mentally. My ftp has nudged upwards a little, which is encouraging and rather than the feeling of scraping the bottom of a barrel, I feel there's some more to come over the next couple of months. Just need to get mt TT bike rebuilt and actually do some racing to see where I stand.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like i've had to dig out old Trainerroad for at least a month or so with an injury to my medial cartilage in my left knee. It's still pretty painful, mainly when i've been still for a period of time (sitting or lying down) when it seems to seize up and really bl00dy hurts on the first flexion or extension and has me hobbling around for 5 mins or so.

Tried an easy 30 mins on the turbo last night and no ill effects. In fact i was walking easier and with less stiffness than i have since the incident. No worse when i woke up this morning, so i'm giving it the green light.

I've been advised off running for 6 weeks, so am going to need a filler! It doens't like moving laterally so i'm a bit nervous about going outside, so think i'll stick to the turbo.

So. I'm hooked back up to TR, turbo has been dug out and the shed is set up ready for the sweatbox fun to start again.

Not really sure whether to just cherry pick sessions as and when i want to have a workout or to choose a plan. I would, in an ideal world, like to still do a 10 mile hilly trail race (running) in 9 weeks time. I hadn't been putting in massive mileage before the injury, but was due to start dialling things up.

Any ideas what sort of programme or sessions i should taregt that you think will have the biggest crossover into running? Strava link to the course (not mine, but a friend's from last year): https://www.strava.com/activities/1272173136/overview

It's a hilly course with 2 major climbs, so strength will be a major factor as well as the general endurance. I'm not expecting to do well with such little training, but to not completely go backwards over the next 6 weeks would be nice!!

Any thoughts TT massive?
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH mate, not sure that after the injury you’ve had, I’d be attempting a hilly race in 9 weeks’ time at all.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
TBH mate, not sure that after the injury you’ve had, I’d be attempting a hilly race in 9 weeks’ time at all.

... That thought has crossed my mind. I just can't face the reality of it just yet!!

To be honest, i've never had an injury be as painful for as long as this before. When i'm still and the joint stiffens up it still bl00dy hurts and it's 9 days on now. Normally when i have injured myself it's pretty much fine in a week for normal daily life (maybe a bit weak) but would only hurt if i tried to run for example. Stupid knee.

On a positive note the turbo is not causing it any (obvious) issues. No pain, and i can actually move much more freely, and pain free, after cycling. Until I sit down and it seizes up again!

Did the ramp test last night and that was much friendlier than the previous 2 x 8min test thing i did when i last used TR in early 2017 - again rehabbing a bad knee in my London mara build up. Interestingly, despite barely riding a bike for the last 2 years, my ftp went up (by a single watt!!!) after last night's test!! I'm now at a beastly 194w FTP. I'm basically the next Welsh GT winner Very Happy Very Happy

I don't think i'm going to be troubling anyone on a bike any time soon, but it will at least keep me fit. Hopefully.

So. Back to the orginal-ish question.

What plan will see me fit and healthy and not totally carp when i start running again; regardless of whether i race or not. I'm realistically only going to get out 3 times a week, so was thinking the low volume sweetspot base one??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

Jump to: