Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman France 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulhawkins

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkD wrote:
Well, that's me signed up for Roth next yr, any other of this yrs IM Francer's signed up for Roth or any other IM events?

Yes
Have entered IM Germany/Frankfurt.
No mountains but no wetsuits either!

Since Nice have done Upton on Severn, Stert Island swim and Gower this weekend.
Going on a cycling holiday in Wales next week.......

PaulH
Iron muddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan I - you are in 220 this month! well your letter is!

I've not done much since France. Done 3 10m TTs and one supposedly 3000m open water swim race (must have been more like 4000m as it took me 1:14!)
Am doing a team triathlon this weekend, the Lakeland Triathlon at Bassenthwaite in mid August and the Club Relays then the Keyworth Half marathon in december.

Am thinking about doing either Bala Middle or A Day In The Lakes next year, plus some sprints and Oly. No IM for me next year.

Does anyone know why you are not allowed to swim for 2 weeks after having a tattoo? I'm going to go and investigate my local tattoo palce this weekend, but may have to wait until after the club relays.
Morg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muddy, the reason you are not allowed to swim for 10 days after a Tattoo, is due to the risk of infection.

What you get is effectively an open would with a Tattoo, and the same rules apply to it as for other wounds, they also ask you to try and keep it dry when you are in the shower to start with.

If you are swimming in open water after a tattoo, then you must be careful of Wiels (Weils??)disease.

10 days will give it time to heal properly.

Cheers

PS I see our photos are appearing in more than one album on Facebook Surprised

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two...
tivmeistergeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grab a coffee, the report is complete! Very Happy

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/view.php?b=353
scoop1962

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Big well done to all finishers.

From Oz and mate and I r doing the 2011 race so was hoping for some help re accom.

We will be travelling over with our families (both have two kids and also the elderly in-laws (4)) so was wondering if anyone had some advice re accomm and how early do we need to book considering it is peak season and also 2000 athletes racing?

Any tips re villa or flats appreciated.

Cheers
Jonathan I

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muddy wrote:
Jonathan I - you are in 220 this month! well your letter is!

.....and most certainly the only occasion my name and a race time will ever appear in a triathlon journal!

...will have to trawl FB in search of more piccies

Scoop - not sure about self catering but I think the places close to the start to fill up early, so never too early to book. Oh and check the location map before booking as Prom Des Anglais is very long and someone got caught out this year booking a hotel 5k from the start line instead of right next to it!
chickenboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoop1962 wrote:
Hi guys,
Big well done to all finishers.

From Oz and mate and I r doing the 2011 race so was hoping for some help re accom.

We will be travelling over with our families (both have two kids and also the elderly in-laws (4)) so was wondering if anyone had some advice re accomm and how early do we need to book considering it is peak season and also 2000 athletes racing?

Any tips re villa or flats appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Scoop,
I booked an apartment through www.nice pebbles.com, very helpful and friendly and much cheaper than many of the hotels around promenade DES anglais.
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I've been a bit of a lard-ass & put on a pound a week since the end of June Surprised Very Happy . This cannot continue & I've set myself some targets.

Mid November toughish local fell race, Feb decent half mara time & build up to a regular 3 or 4 hour cycle over the winter months.

Enough about me. I've recently PM'd Simon to find out about a certain Future Kona Champion & received this reply;

simonfoley wrote:
Hi Ian

Espen Foley - born 24 August. Weighing 3.4kg and 52cm tall. I have not slept a wink since Smile

Things are good for us all. It was a fairly straight-forward birth and we were overjoyed that the young 'un was healthy and well. Espen is a boy's name by the way.

I suggest you pass on your congratulations through this thread & I'm sure we'll get to 100 pages Very Happy Very Happy .
chickenboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doonhamer wrote:
Hey all, I've been a bit of a lard-ass & put on a pound a week since the end of June Surprised Very Happy . This cannot continue & I've set myself some targets.

Mid November toughish local fell race, Feb decent half mara time & build up to a regular 3 or 4 hour cycle over the winter months.

Enough about me. I've recently PM'd Simon to find out about a certain Future Kona Champion & received this reply;

simonfoley wrote:
Hi Ian

Espen Foley - born 24 August. Weighing 3.4kg and 52cm tall. I have not slept a wink since Smile

Things are good for us all. It was a fairly straight-forward birth and we were overjoyed that the young 'un was healthy and well. Espen is a boy's name by the way.

I suggest you pass on your congratulations through this thread & I'm sure we'll get to 100 pages Very Happy Very Happy .

Aye aye Doonhammer, good to see your getting back into it, this is the thread that refuses to die Very Happy I did a bit of running around some hills on holiday and i said to the Mrs i don't think i'd be cut out for those nutty fell runners, good on yer, that sounds hardcore. I've got the Brecon Ultra in November then Luton Marathon. Its not quite Nice but easier on the pennies!
Congratulations to Simon on your nipper, enjoy the sleepless nights, you can take it, your an Ironman!!!!
MarkD

Location: Cornwall or Dubai - depending on whether its playtime or work time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, congrats to both of you on the of your son, You realise that the all night seasons your pulling walking up and down the carpet, trying to get him to sleep will stand you in good stead for a double IM event, as you go thru the night...
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah cheers chickenboy, I'm building up to a 9 mile race & you're about to do a 45 miler Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy . Are you also doing Rotterdam marathon?

Muddy, have you got your tat yet?
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the thread that really connected me to TriTalk

I would've loved to see see it hit 100 pages.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your wish shall come true
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make my year.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go on then
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99
Page 99 of 99

Jump to: