Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
ITU World Championships Lausanne

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: ITU World Championships Lausanne Reply with quote

As part of my cultural integration to Switzerland, I will be taking part and racing in Swiss colours. Any other TriTalkers planning to enter?

Timing is not the best, coming one week after Alpenbrevet ride 274km and 6800m climbing - far from the perfect taper
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ITU World Championships Lausanne Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
As part of my cultural integration to Switzerland, I will be taking part and racing in Swiss colours. Any other TriTalkers planning to enter?

Timing is not the best, coming one week after Alpenbrevet ride 274km and 6800m climbing - far from the perfect taper

GB athletes need to qualify - just can't enter. Wink

I've applied to be part of the Technical Officials team but I suspect I won't get on it as I was a TO at the Worlds in Oz last year, and there will be lots of Euro TOs applying.
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a spot on roll down, but declined. I'm now at a wedding that weekend, and have 70.3 worlds the weekend after which I'd rather do anyway. In excess of £300 entry fee for a standard distance triathlon is just way too much.

The only thing I could think of getting my GB tri suit out for would be ITU Long Course. At least that entry fee is more on a par with an ironman event and is similarly a long race that I can find justification for the cost.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
I got a spot on roll down, but declined. I'm now at a wedding that weekend, and have 70.3 worlds the weekend after which I'd rather do anyway. In excess of £300 entry fee for a standard distance triathlon is just way too much.

The only thing I could think of getting my GB tri suit out for would be ITU Long Course. At least that entry fee is more on a par with an ironman event and is similarly a long race that I can find justification for the cost.

are you going to Pontevedra? we're on the TO team there for all the events - going to be knackering!
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
stenard wrote:

are you going to Pontevedra? we're on the TO team there for all the events - going to be knackering!

No - this year's was too early. I'm all in on VLM. I havent ridden a bike outside since I entered T2 in Bahrain in December, and havent even been on the turbo since Jan! It'll take me some time to build the cycling back up.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
I got a spot on roll down, but declined. I'm now at a wedding that weekend

I'd been meaning to ask you about that pink thing around your neck Very Happy Wink Laughing
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
stenard wrote:

I'd been meaning to ask you about that pink thing around your neck Very Happy Wink Laughing

lol - that's a different wedding. Having had a bit of a lull the last few years, this year is mental. I already have four. When you factor in stag do's as well, it feels like half the summer has gone already. I have one five week stretch of stag/wedding/wedding/stag then followed by 70.3 Elsinore!

The end of August one I'm just a guest, and thankfully it's only in Guildford (the two in May are in Somerset and Dublin respectively!). So I can get home quite easily after the wedding and then pack for Nice on Sunday, as we fly Monday.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
stenard wrote:

lol - that's a different wedding. Having had a bit of a lull the last few years, this year is mental. I already have four. When you factor in stag do's as well, it feels like half the summer has gone already. I have one five week stretch of stag/wedding/wedding/stag then followed by 70.3 Elsinore!

The end of August one I'm just a guest, and thankfully it's only in Guildford (the two in May are in Somerset and Dublin respectively!). So I can get home quite easily after the wedding and then pack for Nice on Sunday, as we fly Monday.

Just wait until weddings turn into kid's birthday parties!! Rolling Eyes

Week after week after week after week of dealing with kids pumped on Iceland sugar based 'party meals' and plastic goody bag junk around your house for months on end!! Shocked Very Happy
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
stenard wrote:

I will be at Pontevedra in my role as red wine consumer...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
fat buddha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
fat buddha wrote:
stenard wrote:

we shall consume some red wine together then Very Happy you there for the duration like us??
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
fat buddha wrote:
stenard wrote:

we shall consume some red wine together then Very Happy you there for the duration like us??

just a few days Thurs - Mon...will toe the line at the Std, but have just had an op so am not training and certainly will not be 'racing'

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: