Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Nice 70.3 (2019) WC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
I'll hopefully get the full race write up done this week. Already did a chunk at the airport last night, but had to try and sleep on the flight itself!

Took a bit longer than I expected! But done now.
#sigh
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report Stenard, I'm surprised only 1 in front of you didn't take it TBH, obviously they all went for that reason.

Jeff
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking report that, and well done on the Q.

Definitely confirms my view that 70.3 WC Nice is going to be one hot ticket. Partly venue/ease of travel, but the kudos of the 70.3 WC's has gone up a notch even from the last Euro 70.3WC. Brownlee, Frodeno and Gomez slugging it out in one of the finest races ever last year didn't help either...

I can confirm Weymouth was nails hard for slots, a day of utter filth and most AG's stacked with slot chasers and nothing rolling, plus an ungenerous slot allocation for the race (40 IIRC - only 3 in my AG).

You'll have a ball out there, it's great.
crumpy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So good news that our BTF licence means we do not have to apply to our GP for medical certification!

To get the ball rolling on technical equipment for the day. Early I know ! Just sold my TT frame and components. As Nice is potentially the only triathlon I will do this year, I am contemplating racing on my road bike instead of investing in a TT bike.

What are you doing ? Anyone raced Nice before and got some input? Despite the 30km climb, assume TT bike is still preferable ?
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been wondering about the licence and medical cert, that's a bonus.

As long as you are comfortable climbing and descending on the TT bike it probably shouldn't be a big problem.

I haven't completely decided but it's more likely I'll use the TT, I don't think the climb is really steep, just goes on?

Then again, I know I'm not exactly going to be competitive so just taking the roadie with some clip-ons will probably do and I'll get the climbing benefit.

Jeff
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that Alistair Brownlee has stated he will race this (interview at Triathlon show).

Frodeno will give it a swerve I'd imagine after the stress fracture he picked up in that epic duel with Gomez and Brownlee in South Africa. He won't risk Kona again

Course will suit AB I'd imagine, he'll look to blow the race apart on any climbs.
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think AB is racing in Marbella in a couple of weeks, interesting to see his form.

I think we might see him in a full IM this year, and potentially Kona.

Jeff
crumpy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
I'd been wondering about the licence and medical cert, that's a bonus.

As long as you are comfortable climbing and descending on the TT bike it probably shouldn't be a big problem.

I haven't completely decided but it's more likely I'll use the TT, I don't think the climb is really steep, just goes on?

Then again, I know I'm not exactly going to be competitive so just taking the roadie with some clip-ons will probably do and I'll get the climbing benefit.

Jeff

Would prefer a TT bike, for sure. And definitely would like one for coming years. Will make a call later whether this is the year to invest.
crumpy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Think AB is racing in Marbella in a couple of weeks, interesting to see his form.

I think we might see him in a full IM this year, and potentially Kona.

Jeff

Good news. Be great to race Alistair in Nice Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: