Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ultra / Trail Running - General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157, 158  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p00key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
Sorry to hear that p00key, hope all is well

Thanks Doug Smile
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, no. That's carp! Hope it all fixes itself quickly!!
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p00key wrote:
Having a bit of nightmare at the moment blacked out when running last week - so have to have tests to find out why - luckily we have private healthcare at work . So should find out sooner rather than later . But I'm not allowed to run until we find the cause... TP100 5 weeks .....

Best of luck with the tests Pookey.
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everything is alright p00key, were you feeling unwell before going out? suffering with any of the current bugs going around?

Jeff
smitters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extended taper! But seriously, better finding out than falling in the Thames - who knows what you'd catch from that water.
p00key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all - hopefully will be sorted soon .
tunster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p00key wrote:
thanks all - hopefully will be sorted soon .

fingers crossed for you Pookey - if it is any comfort you are now doing the same level as training as me for TP100 Very Happy
tunster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley marathons this weekend (if not already started) - could Nicky Spinks be first female finisher? Double Bob Graham must be great prep?

https://www.inov-8.com/blog/nicky-spinks-barkley-marathons/
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope! Looks like a tough year (well they all are) with very cold conditions. Only 22 out of 44 even started the 2nd lap from what i have seen.

Haven't seen any other updates as to who got the furthest, and how far. Wonder if Nicky will go back? I hope so!!!
p00key

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
Nope! Looks like a tough year (well they all are) with very cold conditions. Only 22 out of 44 even started the 2nd lap from what i have seen.

Haven't seen any other updates as to who got the furthest, and how far. Wonder if Nicky will go back? I hope so!!!

Its over - the course won again - the latest update I think was that 4 completed 4 loops and Karel was the last out there.

I can't even comprehend what it must be like out there.
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran a steady 19kms Saturday and slightly faster 13kms yesterday. I also picked up a new pair of Speedgoat 3s and a running hydration vest. I went for the Salomon SLAB Ultra 5 Set. Seems like a great vest, probably not robust enough for winter but great for all round summer trail stuff and I got used to it really fast.

Last edited by FatPom on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
smitters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an S-Lab Sense Ultra Set 3 vest and I've been pleasantly surprised as to how robust it is. A mate has the heavier version and that too looks really good.

I can't attest to running great distances but I'm enjoying a slow build, more gym time and an experiment with Tim Noakes take on Atkins, having read a bit and heard a bunch of podcasts. What I do know after two weeks is:

1) I've not been hungry, but am losing weight.

2) Sugar is in everything.

3) I ~#*$ love sugar.

4) No, I really love sugar. Man, this white #@?# is hard to kick.

5) My mood and energy levels are up.

6) I really, really miss Haribo and Maoam Pinballs.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last little shake out for me today before my race on Sunday. Hadn't managed to get out at all this week, which was a pain, but the legs seem to feeling decent after the rest, a big massage and a spin up on the bike.

Trotted in the rain at a very easy pace, not looking at my watch at all, just running on feel. VERY surprised to get back and see an average of 4.26/km! I was thinking it would be closer to 4.50! HR was way down for me as well.

So this is all a bit of a pain. I don't seem to be able to hide behind any excuses of being untrained, injured, in bad form etc. I'm going to have to actually go out there and chase it hard!!!!

Haven't raced in a long while, so getting the pre race jiters already. I don't seem to get them before the big ultras ... as they are a totally different midset. But for short (ish) bouts of intense effort - they really get me going!!
p00key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
Last little shake out for me today before my race on Sunday. Hadn't managed to get out at all this week, which was a pain, but the legs seem to feeling decent after the rest, a big massage and a spin up on the bike.

Trotted in the rain at a very easy pace, not looking at my watch at all, just running on feel. VERY surprised to get back and see an average of 4.26/km! I was thinking it would be closer to 4.50! HR was way down for me as well.

So this is all a bit of a pain. I don't seem to be able to hide behind any excuses of being untrained, injured, in bad form etc. I'm going to have to actually go out there and chase it hard!!!!

Haven't raced in a long while, so getting the pre race jiters already. I don't seem to get them before the big ultras ... as they are a totally different midset. But for short (ish) bouts of intense effort - they really get me going!!

Have an amazing race Cool
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:

Well done mate. 4.26 is some kind of 'trot' Exclamation I did a tempo 8km yesterday, rested today and have the 20km General tomorrow. Race is at 10am and them I will run another 10km later in the day.

I went 1:52 last year but can't see that happening this year, especially as I will be running with a fully loaded vest (just to get used to it).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157, 158  Next
Page 156 of 158

Jump to: